Part 3

Chapter 7

August 20th, 2012

0400 hours

Stanford woke up in a featureless room, with a throbbing in his head.

What happened? Where am I?

He looked around. A cold gray concrete room. No windows, and strangely enough, no obvious door.

What time is it? What happened? Damn.

“H-help!”

Stanford waited for several minutes, hoping for a response.’

“Help!”

Suddenly, a section of the concrete slid open.

A menacing voice growled from the opening.

“Good morning sunshine”

Every primal urge running through Stanford’s head told him to attack. To fight to kill. He kept thinking "Why? Why Me?"

“Who are you?”

The voice chuckled from beyond the opening.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?”

“I would.”

“Another time, right now we have work to do.”

“What makes you think I’ll work for you?”

Before he even finished his sentence, a whole wall of the room lit up. Then the screen was filled with a video. A video of Ellie.

Damn, he really knows how to hit me hard.

“What do you want?”

“We need a courier. Someone to deliver a package to an office building in Sarasota. Think about it, what would Ellie want you to do?”

“Shut up! Don’t talk to me about Ellie!”

“Well then, you’ll do what we say, if you want Ellie to stay alive.”

Stanford’s mouth hung open in disbelief. It was like every stereotypical kidnap movie he’d ever seen, which was a grand total of two. He never saw much use for fiction, but occasionally indulged a girl in a fictional movie. Of course, he hadn’t seen a movie since high school.

“Fine, but if I play delivery boy, you leave Ellie out of this. For good.”