She

Inspired by She - Dodie Clark
//
As I breathed in, I inhaled her scent of lemon grass and sleep. Often, it lingered on my blankets that she would cuddle into during movies or long talks we had about anything.

Her hazel eyes watched every movement on the tv, you would find her in a polaroid picture. Each intense part of the film, she took her bottom lip between her teeth lightly sucking it.

She flashed a look at me and tilted her head. I was staring. 'Am I allowed to look at her like that? Could it be wrong... When she's just so nice to look at,' was the only thing going through my mind.

My face moved up towards hers, she didn't move. She just looked deeply into my eyes. I lightly placed my hand against her cheek and rubbed it with the pad of my thumb. Gently, I attached our lips, tasting apple juice and peaches.

A harsh jolt snapped me out of my thoughts. A look of sadness was on her face. Or was it disgust? Probably both. Stutters were all I could get out. Quickly, she stood up and left. I sat on the couch alone, it aches but it feels oddly good to hurt. A single tear rolled down my cheek, it's trail leaving an invisible, permanent scar.

And that's where it ended. 'It' is our friendship. She tastes like birthday cake and story time and fall, but to her I taste of nothing at all. We haven't spoken since. I see her at school, she doesn't notice me. I'll be okay, admiring from afar 'cause even when she's next to me we could not be more far apart.

She smells like lemon grass and sleep.
She tastes like apple juice and peach.
You would find her in a polaroid picture.
And she means everything to me.
//
Woo first mini story thing, I hope you enjoyed this. It was quite fun to write...