#23

jackson didn't leave the hospital right away. he was upset that she didn't tell him about her illness. jackson sat outside until he saw her parents rushing towards the building.

"what's going on?" he asked himself.

    he ran after them until he got to her room. jackson's heart dropped at the sight in front of him.

      "no..." he mumbled quietly.

    she flatlined and the doctors were doing everything they could to bring her back. "no, no, no!" he yelled as he tried to run into the room.

    the nurse stopped him from entering the room. "sir, you can't go in there." she said calmly. jackson shook his head frantically. "i have to get in there!" he cried.

    "we are doing everything we can to save her, but for now... you need to stay calm." the nurse said while trying to calm him down.

    jackson gave up trying to get into the room, knowing that there was no way that they were going to let him into that room. he couldn't bear the thought of losing the girl he loved. the twenty two year old ran his hand through his hair and walked to the waiting room.

    he sat there with his head in his hands. just waiting. waiting for the doctors to say that she was okay. he didn't want to lose her...if he did, jackson didn't know what he'd do with himself.

    he heard footsteps coming his way and he looked up to see the doctor with a solemn look on his face.

"we did all we could...i'm very sorry."

    it was if he could hear his heart breaking in two after those words left the doctor's mouth.

"it's time to say your goodbyes."

    jackson walked into her hospital room and saw her lifeless body. he walked over to the bed and sat down in the chair that was next to it.

    "hey..um.." he started quietly. jackson took her hand in his and squeezed it slightly. "i'm sorry for everything i've done to you before we became friends. i was completely stupid for doing it. i just couldn't find a way to express my feelings." he continued, "but the more we hung out over these past few months made it easier for me to tell you how i felt about you."

     warm tears made their way down his cheeks as he continued to talk to her. jackson didn't even bother trying to wipe them away. "please don't leave me.." he pleaded quietly.

    her mother stood at the door with a frown displayed on her lips, tears streaming down her own cheeks at the sight in front of her. in her hands, she held the notebook that her daughter used to write in. before she died, she told her mother to give the notebook to jackson.

    she walked over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. jackson looked up to see her mother. "she left this for you." her mother said while handing jackson the notebook. "why?" jackson asked quietly while looking at the notebook.

    "you'll see." she said quietly before slightly squeezing his shoulder and kissing her daughter on her head for one last time.

    jackson looked at the notebook that was given to him, then his eyes traveled to the lifeless body of the girl he loved. he caressed her cheek and leaned down to kiss her lips.

         "i love you jagiya."