Forever Changed

Chapter 1 - Before

"...and that concludes our lesson on the civil war." Riiiinggg!!!! The bell. "Okay class, Have a nice weekend! Stay safe!" My teacher, Mrs. Poncin said. I gather my things and head to my locker on the third floor of the high school.

"Bye Ava!" I hear as One of my guy friends, Joe, say as he passes by.

"Bye Joe! Have a nice weekend with your new dog!" I mention. He recently got a golden retriever puppy.

"Thanks Ava!"

"Bye Ava! See you Monday!" Lily said walking past me to her locker.

"Bye!"

After A few more goodbyes, I make it to my locker. I pack up my homework and swing my backpack over my shoulder. I make my way out to the parking lot where I find my beautiful red Ford F150 sitting a few rows back. Walking between cars in the cold Minnesota air, I pull on my mittens and unlock my truck. I hop in and start the engine. Waiting a bit for it to heat up. I hear a tap at my window, startled I quick look out. Mariah, my best friend. I roll the window down a bit.

"Hop in!" I yell to her. In one swift movement she opens the door and swings herself in.

"Oh my god it's cold out there." She says while trying to heat up her hands by blowing on them. I usually give Mariah a ride home since she lives about a block away from me. I pull out and start driving toward her place.

Soon enough I pull up to her house.

"Bye!! Thanks for the ride." She says opening the door, Letting in a cold breeze from outside.

"Bye!" I reply waving to her as she starts to walk up the driveway.

I make sure she can get inside, then I pull out and make my quick drive home. I pull into my assigned garage stall and shut off the engine. I get inside and take off my coat, mittens, and shoes.

"Anyone home?" I yell.

"In the kitchen!" I hear my dad yell.

I walk past the kitchen and into my room, dropping my backpack on the floor. I walk back into the kitchen.

"How was your day at school?" He asks.

"Normal." I reply.

"Oh, did you get a good grade on your physics test?"

"Yeah I got an A!" I exclaim.

"Good job Ava!" He pats me on the back. " I'll be in the garage working on the bar ok?" He has been working on his little bar for the past couple months and it's looking really good.

"Okay have fun." I tell him.

I go into my room, the aqua and purple walls catching my attention as I pick out my homework from my bag and lay on my bed. A couple hours later I am done with homework.

"Supper is ready Ava!" Yells my young 5 year old sister, Ellen. She is always helping out my parents, it's a phase, nothing to worry about.

"I'll be right out!" I shout back.

I open my door and the aroma of my dads special spaghetti filled the air. I walk down the hall to the kitchen, as if being dragged by the amazing scent.

"It smells amazing!" I say to my dad.

"It's your favorite." he says as he sets the table. I grab the silverware and start setting them in their place. Soon enough all four of us are sitting around our round table and Ellen was in the middle of telling us about how this boy took her fruit snacks from her lunch and ate them all.

"Next time just hit him one!" I encourage.

"No, Ava! don't tell her that. she will get the wrong idea!" My mom said as she took a bite of the spaghetti.

"Don't worry Momma! That what I got Ava for! She will help me get rid of that mean old bully who took my fruit snacks!" Everyone laughed as they watched her expression changing from "loving sister" to "warrior face" in a flash. I love Ellen so much!

I'm glad to be her older sister.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Hey! I hope you liked it! It's short but I have some big plans for this story!

I will still be updating my other story if you are wondering.

Please follow and vote!

Thanks guys ily!!