Chapter Sixty Six: A Chance

Emily's POV
The morning after Cameron's and Grace's party, I woke up to my phone ringing.

I groaned as I flipped over to grab it. I heard Grace shift in her bed as she mumbled something incoherently into her pillow.

"Sorry." I mumbled, hitting the answer button.

I had been sharing a room with Grace since I moved in, which had its ups and downs at points. Grace was definitely not a morning person, so it was kind of hard getting her up for school every morning.

"Hello?" I mumbled tiredly, staring at the clock wondering who in their right mind calls someone at 7:30 in the morning.

"Ayee!" The voice said, sounding chirpy. I inwardly groaned. I should have guessed it was Nash.

"I was wondering if you wanted to get breakfast with me. The small diner near my house has it going on till 10." He said. I smiled, feeling a bit more awake then I was earlier.

"Okay. Just let me shower and get ready. Should be down there around... 9ish?" I said. "Sounds good. I'll meet ya there." Nash answered. "Alright, see ya." I replied, hanging up.

"Curse you and your dumb morning dates." Grace mumbled. "You could hear him?" I asked. Grace lifted her head off the pillow a bit, glaring at me. "It's Nash. I'm surprised the whole world didn't hear him."

I laughed, as she mumbled a "too chirpy" before I walked out the door to go shower.

------

I pulled up at the small diner. It looked as if it had been there since the 70's, but upkeep on the building was till the 2010's. I saw Nash in the window, siping a cup of coffee as he gazed at a newspaper.

I walked up to the door, seeing the classic black and white checkered floor. It still had that 70's feel to it, but also had modern appliances. An old juke box sat in the corner, a Elvis song humming in the background.

"Hey." I said, sliding into the seat across from Nash. Nash looked up and smiled, his brown hair almost falling into his blue eyes.

The sun reflected in them, hints of clouds dotting his pupil. His eyes were a sky I could get lost in.

"Okay." A waitress said, pulling out a notepad. "What can I start you off with?" Her smile was light and warm, looking at us both.

We ordered, sending her on her way.

"So, why did you call me here?" I asked, playing with the bracelet Emma and Sam bought me.

"What?" Nash laughed. "Two friends can't have breakfast together?" I smiled at him lightly, and Nash's smile faded and he nodded.

"I- I... Wanted to ask you something." He murmured, his voice cracking. His eyes started to dart around the room, a nervous act of habit.

"I was wondering if... I mean, we've known each other for awhile and.... I mean, we've kissed! And...." He sighed. "What I'm trying to ask you is, will you be my-"

Suddenly, Sam and Cameron walked into the diner. I gazed up at them, and Nash followed my eyes.

"Damn it Dallas." He mumbled, barely audible. Cameron smiled at us, Sam eyeing the menu over the cash registers.

He gently tugged Sam's hand, getting her attention. She had bags under her eyes, big enough to see clearly from where I was sitting.

She nodded at Cameron and walked towards the register, hitting her hand off the counter restlessly.

Something was wrong.

Cameron made his was towards us, his signature smile written on his lips. His stride was strong and confident, earning gazes from a group of girls sitting at a booth.

Sam followed soon after him, two cups of coffee in hand. Her walk was a long stride, walking slower than Cameron. Her eyes looked red from lack of sleep and her lips were cracked.

She looked like a zombie.

Cameron sat down beside Nash, Sam sliding in the seat beside me. She set the coffee down on the table, handing Cameron his own.

Nash's nose scrunched up in confusion at Sam. "What's the matter with you? And coffee? You don't even like coffee." Sam sighed as she drank some, her face scrunching up in slight disgust.

"I was up all night. I... Ugh." She said, rubbing her eyes. Cameron grabbed her hand across the table, comforting her.

"The head of the basketball program thinks she has an opening for the basketball tournament. The basketball community had funds they didn't know about and is now trying to get the school boards acceptance for a tournament in our school." Cameron explained.

"I was emailing back and forth with about 10 different people in charge with the school board. Then I was calculating the funds to see how far they would get us." Sam said, taking another gulp of coffee.

"With my help of course." Cameron said.

"So, this is going to happen?" I asked a feeling of hope filling my stomach. "We can hope." Sam replied.

"That's great!" Nash said. Sam sighed. "What's wrong?" "We still have to get the principals permission." Cameron said.

"What a second, I thought you talked to 10 people of the school board. Doesn't that top the principle?" I asked.

"Apparently not. We have to talk to the head of the school board." Cameron said.

"But there's one problem." Sam said, looking at both Nash and I. "He's both." "What?!" Nash asked.

"He's both." Cameron said. "He's the principle and the head of the school board.

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for the sucky chapter, I'm trying to get this out quickly because I haven't updated in awhile, so this is kinda rushed.

I've been so busy with tests, homework, basketball, and getting decent sleep. I'm sorry again.

Anyway, I hope you guys liked the chapter anyway.

Don't forget to comment, favourite, share and follow us for future updates!

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat