One Month - A Harry Potter AU

A/N: This is my first Harry Potter fanfic ever so it might be bad... Really bad. I just hope you guys like it and don't want to kill me by the end of it. Also this was done on the iPod and mostly at school.

Please read&review!

DISCLAIMER: J. K. Rowling owns Harry Potter, trust me, it would be different if I did.

...:::... = flash back

ONE MONTH

War changes everything. War changed everything. What happened couldn't be undone. Those who died would never take another breath. Those who won lost as well. Loved ones passed on while those who loved them still lived. There was once the quote, "All is fair in love and war", but it's a lie. It always was. Love and war isn't something that should mix, it created despair and pain.

The second great wizarding war happened just a month ago and the pain was still fresh. It was a great stabbing pain in her heart, Hermione's heart. The names of the dead kept on floating through her mind. Remus... Tonks... Collin... Dumbledore... Fred... Fred was one that never left her mind. Visions of his body filled her mind. She could still see those lips forming the ghost of his last smile. The way his hair still had that flame to it. He couldn't possibly be dead, but he was.

There was just a secret between her and Fred. Hermione never fell for Ron like people thought she would one day. She might have if Fred never existed. They had fallen for each other without anyone knowing except themselves. It was their special secret that they would one day announce to the world. Over the years they had fallen madly in love with each other.

It started in Hermione's fourth year when they accidentally bumped into each other in an empty corridor, neither looking at where they were going. She had her eyes glued to a book and he was going over a letter.

...:::::::::::::::::::::...

Hermione walked down an empty corridor on the fifth floor at a brisk pace. Her brown hair was trying to furiously free itself from the band she had trapped it in. A few hairs had already came out and curled at the top of her head. In her hands she held a book on the most useful spells. Brown eyes swept across the page faster than her feet were walking. She didn't even register the sound of another pair of feet coming her way. She was completely oblivious to the other person until they collided in the middle of the hallway.

The book slipped from her hands as she fell backwards to the floor. With a thump she landed painfully on her tailbone. Her cheeks flushed that she had run into someone, she usually could avoid these things. She looked up to see who had run into her. A shock of red hair that wasn't Ron's signified a Weasley. It wasn't Ginny either, her hair was much longer. So that left Fred and George and she had a feeling that George wasn't there right now.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going- I was reading my book. I didn't mean to run into you, I really should have waited for when I wasn't walking to start reading, which would have been smarter. Oh, how stupid of me, honestly! I really am so-"

"Whoa, slow down a bit, it was half my fault too," Fred grinned and held up a piece of parchment that was on the floor near him. He had obviously been looking it over prior to their little 'meeting'. His ever present grin was on his face as he picked himself up off the floor. He picked up Hermione's book for her then held out a hand to pull her stammered another thank you as he helped her up, but he put a finger over her lips to stop her mid flow.

"Don't mention it," he said while handing her back the book. She was too shocked to say anything so she simply nodded before he left. She could feel her heartbeat accelerating once she realized what just happened. She raised her fingers up to her lips where she could still feel his finger. Her cheeks remained flushed even though he was gone and a giddy little smile crossed her face.