10- Spontaneous blue creations

Let's have fun a little I thought. First I decided to do something I already knew. A garden. It was my job to create gardens on earth. For me it was living art. So it was the first thing that crossed my mind.

An orchid was the first flower that I thought of. I had plenty of them at home. For a moment I wondered who was going to water my poor friends, while I was here? At least I did not have cats at the moment. Or a child to care for. Or anyone that cared for me... Anyway... I chased the thoughts away. I had more interesting things to do than to worry about a few potted flowers back at my hermit home.

Orchids. I closed my eyes and imagined the beautiful orchids. When I opened my eyes, I saw white, purple and yellow orchids just like the ones I had at home, hanging in the trees above me, like I had seen in tropical gardens.

More plants. I closed my eyes. Iris. Datura. Hibiscus. Jasmin. Passion flower. I opened my eyes. To my delight, all the flowers I had imagined were there in front of me. I could smell the bewitching perfumes of daturas and jasmins. It was a gardener's dream. Almost too easy.

Then I thought I could grow myself a vegetable garden. I always loved growing my food. I closed my eyes and imagined tomatoes, strawberries, cucumber, corn, peas, ground cherries, climbing vines and, why not, blue zuchinnis. There is not enough blue colored vegetables on earth I thought. I just loved blue it always was my favorite color. I let the colors and shapes of the garden form into my mind.

I opened my eyes to see all around me the tasty plants I had imagined, all organised in a big circle like the native indians used to do. I had seen a traditional circle garden like that in a botanical garden I had visited and I always had wanted to make one but I never had the time. Now I had done one in almost no time at all! For a few minutes I played around like a kid in my garden, adding a flower here and there by the simple power of imagination.

After my little garden was all done and I had tasted a couple of my creations, modified a few straberries and tomatoes to make them blue and invented a new type of cucumber tasting like coconut, I realized how futile it was to grow some food when it could be materialized straight into the plate. I had to admit also that spontaneous creation did take away a big part of the excitement and expectation building up when you have to wait and watch the plants growing and slowing getting ripe.

I wondered if the food could be materialized straight into my belly? No need to eat anymore. That was probably what they had done to me the first time I had refused to eat...

What could I create next? I noticed the pond would deserve some embelishment as well. I closed my eyes, and imagined....water lillies, lotus flowers and a koï... no...a big blue glowing koï!

I opened my eyes and there it was in the pond. All I had seen. Big and sparkling electric blue glowing koi like the ponds of earth had never seen. Looking at me with its globulous blue eyes. I kneeled the closer I could to the side of the pond. The glowing fish came closer.

"Hello there! Who are you buddy?

The big blue fish's head came out of the water, it opened its big wide mouth and to my complete surprise my own voice said:

-I am you.

-WHAT?"

I was so surprised that I quickly leaned away and fell on my back. I stood up and shook my head.

The big blue koï had disapeared. It was not in the pond anymore.

I was in shock and I was not so sure if a fish had really spoken with my own voice or if in the excitement of all this I was imagining things. After all this could be just a dream...

I was feeling a little shacken. I looked away from the pond and wondered what would be my next creation. Looking at myself I thought that maybe some clean clothes wouldn't be too much luxury. And some new shoes maybe. I had given up on my damp socks and was bare foot in the soil.

I closed my eyes and imagined myself clothed in a comfortable sport outfit. The kind of yoga outfit so comfortable that you feel almost naked. Blue and black.

I opened my eyes but to my disapointement I was still wearing the same dirty clothes. I tried again. No result. I tried imagining the clothes hanging on a branch rather than on me. No result.

To my even greater disapointement I realized I was unable to manifest any creations at all anymore, not even a small flower. Oh well... At least I have a garden now, I thought with a bit of irony. I was a little angry at myself. The powers were gone and I should have created something more usefull than a silly garden with blue vegetables. A way out of here maybe? It was probably no use. If Elysia could not get out, how could I? They would always find me anyway.

I sat on one of those big flat rock. Hid my head in my hands and cried. To have the power to manifest anything my mind could conceive had felt so intoxicating, but it could not be true! I must be going crazy I thought. I was just another powerless ant, after all. A pawn in the hands of some cosmic gamer.

Ok, stop crying, they are always watching, I said to myself. I needed to calm down and keep a poker face, not let my fears show anymore. No, I must not fear. Fear is useless. I have nothing to loose, I thought. There is more than me at stake here. I must find out more about what they are planning to do. There must be a way to get those powers back, I thought. I wonder if someone is playing with me?

What are the rules of this game, and what is the goal I wonder. I felt lost.