A Brother's Treasons

"You're here to answer for your brother's latest treasons." Joffrey announces while pointing his crossbow at Sansa.

"Your Grace, whatever my traitor brother has done, I had no part." She pleads while on her knees. "You know that."

"I beg you, please Ser Lancel, tell her of this outrage."

"Using some vile sorcery, your brother fell on Stafford Lannister with an army of wolves.
Thousands of good men were butchered." whispers start around the hall. "After the slaughter, the Northmen feasted on the flesh of the slain."

"Killing you would send your brother a message." joffrey starts to pull the trigger. "But my sister insists on keeping you alive."

"Stand." He lowers the bow and walks over to the throne. "So we'll have to send your brother a message some other way. Meryn. Leave her face. I like her pretty."  Ser Meryn walks over to Sansa and punches her in the side. Everyone gasps and looks away. What is he doing! This is Sansa Stark not some whore! She is a lady and Kings do not treat ladies like this! Ser Meryn proceeds to hit Sansa in the back of the leg with his sword.

 What is he doing! This is Sansa Stark not some whore! She is a lady and Kings do not treat ladies like this! Ser Meryn proceeds to hit Sansa in the back of the leg with his sword

"Meryn, my lady is overdressed." He smirks, "Unburden her." Ser Meryn then rips the Back of Sansa's dress revealing her.

"If you want Robb Stark to hear us, we're going to have to speak louder." Joffrey yells. Ser Meryn goes to hit Sansa in the back with his sword. I grip the side of my chair and I want to shout but the words won't leave my mouth.

"What is the meaning of this?" My uncle and Bronn storm in, "What kind of knight beats a helpless girl?"

"The kind who serves his king, Imp."Ser Meryn spits.

"Careful, now. We don't want to get blood all over your pretty white cloak." Replies Bronn

"Someone get the girl something to cover herself with." I walk over to the hound who rips off his cloak and hands it to me. I wrap it around Sansa and hold her.

"She is to be your queen.Have you no regard for her honor" My uncle questions.

"I'm punishing her."

"For what crimes? She did not fight her brother's battle, you half-wit."

"You can't talk to me like that.
The king can do as he likes!" Joffrey yells.

"The Mad King did as he liked.
Has your Uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?"

"No one threatens His Grace in the presence of the Kingsguard." Ser Meryn steps towards my uncle.

"I'm not threatening the king, ser. I am educating my nephew." Tyrion rolls his eyes. "Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him."
Ser Meryn steps back a face full of shock.
"That was a threat. See the difference?" He remarks. He walks over to Sansa and offers her his hand. She takes it and I walk with them towards the doors.
"I apologize for my nephew's behavior. Tell us the truth.
Do you want an end to this engagement?" He asks her.

"I am loyal to King Joffrey, my one true love." She replies softly. She leaves the throne room with her handmaids close in tow.

"Lady Stark, she may survive us yet." I say glancing down at my uncle.

***************************
"So have you heard anything from Robb Stark yet?" My uncle questions me.

"No," I sigh, "Nothing yet."

"What did happen between the two of you? Because from what I saw you looked so happy when we were in the north. The happiest I've ever seen you."

"I loved Robb," I reply.

"But not enough to stay obviously"

"No. Not enough to stay."

"Would you have stayed for someone else?"

"Hmm," I play with a cup on the table.

"Is that a hmm yes or a hmm please repeat that?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"Hmm," I smirk.

"Oh, so it was a yes hmm." He chuckles. "Who was it now? Theon Greyjoy? Hodor?" He pokes me in the side. I can't help but laugh.

"Or was it the bastard?" He asks, I can't help but fall silent, "what was his name again? Jon Snow?"

"Yes that was his name." I answer quietly.

"But you wouldn't fall in love with a bastard. Your father would've been furious, but you mother might have had him killed if that was the case."

"Well luckily that will never happen."

"What will never happen?" Bronn pipes up, "you're mother killing the bastard or you falling for him?"

"Neither." I raise my brows and sip my wine. No one says anything for a while and we just sit in silence.

"So it was the bastard." My uncle finally speaks.