Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I looked at her andforced a smile, but really wanting to break down and cry in her arms.

My lower lip quivered asshe looked at me, going over my body, arms, legs, stomach. Theclothes were all to large and loose on me, I shifted a little feelingawkward. My arms were bare from the tshirt, bruises could be seen onthe skin, but thankfully weren't quite as noticeable because of thedirt and grime of my night in the woods.

"Tori. I know stuff hasbeen going on. I am not sure what exactly it was or is, but I knowyou aren't okay. Especially now." Mia says softly. She drops herhands and moves aside, "I don't care what you say, you're stayinghere. I know something is going on at your dads house. You missedschool, you have gotten thinner... I am worried Tori."

She keeps talking whileshe turns around and starts to walk into the house, I follow her insilence, scared that if I open my mouth to speak a wail and sob willleave me.

As we walk through theentry way I take deep breathes, trying to control my breathing andfight back the tears. We go to the staircase, and start to walk upit. The whole house is exstravagent. High cealings in the entry,cream marble floors, a mahogany wood railing for the staircase whichhas a rich red coloured carpet. The walls are a creamy white as weget to the upsteairs hallway, still having its red carpet. We walkdown the hallway before stopping in front of a dark wooden door.

Mia opened it and walkedin. I fallowed more slowly, nervous as to what was going on.

"You are staying here,my room is across the hall," she walked to the left and opened awhite door, "Here is your bathroom," she moved and went toanother white door, "and your closet," she opened it as well.

"You can shower now ifyou want, I'm going to be in my room when you're ready," she cameover and hugged me, "I love you Tori, you're like my sister, you'rethe other daughter my parents wished they had."

I felt my lip tremble asshe pulled away, smiled at me, then walked out of the room and intoher own.

Turning around I set mybag on the floor and I slowly walked into the bathroom. White tiledfloors and light blue tiled walls. The bath was a darker blue, andlooked deep enough to swallow me whole, the shower was also a darkerblue, almost royal, and had swirls of lighter and darker colouredblues, some greens mixed in, white toilet, a light sandy colourwooden cuboarded under the white sink, dark blue and green marble forthe counter. I slowly went to the tub, a towl hanging by it, alreadysoaps and shampoo in it.

I turn on the cold waterout of habit before slowly turning on the hot, remebering I wasallowed . Steam began to rise from the tub as I undressed lookingdown at my body feeling gross and discusted. I was covered inbruises, dirt, cuts, and scratches. I felt ashamed. I walked up thetwo steps and dipped a toe into the water, feeling it warm my foot. Islowly put in my whole foot, then lifted the other setting it in. Isink down hissing as the water hits the cuts, making them sting. Mysore muscles begin to relax enjoying the warm water. I move my handand turn the faucet off when it reaches my chin, a small pleasantshiver running down my spine at how relaxing this felt.

After soaking for a bit Itook the shampoo sitting on the ledge and got my hair wet, put someof the shampoo in my hand, and scrub my hair, feeling the dirt leaveit as I dip my head under the water to rinse it. I grab someconditioner and do the same before putting it in a bun on top of myhead.

After I've done that Itake the rag handing on the wall above the tub and dip it in thewater, taking a bit of the soap I sniff it and smile as it smellslike coconut, i lather the rag then carefully run it over my body,cringing at the pain in my muscles and the sting that comes from thesoap on the cuts.