Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I stared at my reflection. My long brown hair had been curled and my makeup had been done perfectly.

My eyes were outline with eyeliner, emphasizing my blue eyes. My lights were glossed and the light pink dress clung to all the right places.

I can hear the music blaring from downstairs and some loud conversations. I exhaled and walked out of the bathroom, looking around for Kenzie.

"You look gorgeous Sav!" Kenzie exclaimed, examining the dress.

I smiled and replied with a "thanks."

"Are you ready?" I asked Kenzie. Her hair had been straightened and her dress complimented her curves.

She linked her arm through mine and said "Let's go."

We walked downstairs and I had butterflies in my stomach. For some reason, i was extremely nervous.

Kenzie spotted some other group of friends and ran over to say hi. I spotted Heath over at the drinks. So before he could make his way over, I ran away which left me all alone.

Where was Hunter? Is he coming?

I observed the party as I stood in a corner. There were drunken teenagers over by bar in Kenzie's house and some started grinding on each other.

I walked around some more, ignoring the stares and whistles of the guys.

When I finally gave up on trying to find Hunter, two strong arms wrapped around my waist.

"Hey babe."

I jumped but then relaxed when I finally realized who it was.

HUNTER.

"Did I scare you?" he chuckled.

"Psh no." I responded and rolled my eyes, trying to hide my smile. Truth was, I'm glad he showed up.

"Right."

We stood there in silence for a few moments, until a slow song came on.

"Dance with me?" Hunter asked holding his hand out.

I hesitated before placing my hand in his. His hand was rough but warm.
I rested my head against his chest and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He rested his chin on top of my head.

I could feel his heat radiating off his body. I felt like I could trust him and that he wouldn't hurt me. But Kenzie and my mom's words echoed in my head. "He's a player."

"Savannah, what are you thinking about?" He tucked a strand of brown hair behind my ear.

"N-nothing." I said too quickly. But i was like an open book, and not very good at hiding my emotions.

He rolled his eyes. "Don't lie to me."

"Why me?"

"What?" A confused expression washed over his face.

"Why did you choose me? You could get any girl you want." I raised my eyebrows.

"I don't just want ANY girl, Savannah, I want you." He cupped my cheek and the way he said my name gave me chills.

I stared at him and examined his face. The scar on his cheek. I wanted to know how he got it and why he was so secretive about it.

I grabbed his hand and while I did, Heath came over. As instinct, I backed away. He smirked at me which caused Hunter to wrap a protective arm around me.

"What do you want?" Hunter spat at Heath.

"Easy tiger. I just wanna know where Kenzie is." Heath said, checking me up and down. Hunter shot him a glare.

"Why do you wanna know?" I asked him, curious. I didn't trust Heath.
AT ALL.

He sighed. "Look, I didn't come here to start a fight. Just tell me where she is and I'll be gone."

I replied with "I think she's over by the drinks."

After Heath left, I turned to face Hunter. The slow song had ended and a bunch of wild songs started playing.

Before I could say anything, Tiffany came over to where me and Hunter were standing.

Ugh Great. Can I just be alone with Hunter a little more?

"Hey Hunter." She winked at him. She turned to face me and gave me a look of disgust while eyeing me up and down. "Savannah."

Anger boiled up inside of me. Hunter looked away, scratching the back of his neck.

I could tell he felt awkward with Tiffany after I caught them making out.

"Can we go?" I looked up at Hunter with big, hopeful eyes.

"Yeah." He kissed my forehead, and I held my breath, waiting for Tiffany's reaction. You could see the anger in her face.

"SLUT! HE DESERVES ME NOT YOU!" She huffed and lunged for my neck. I moved out of the way just in time before her face connected with the hard, stone floor. There was a loud bang and the music stopped, as everyone started staring at us.

"That's gonna leave a mark." Hunter whispered in my ear.

Slowly, she got up from the floor and the fury in her eyes could not be mistaken. Her nose started bleeding and blood started dripping down her chin and she started crying.

"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING SAVANNAH!" She raised her hand to hit me but Hunter held her back before she could hit me.

"Don't push me." He snapped at her.

Some of her little minions came over and helped her up while mascara dripped all over Tiffany's face.

What was she doing at this party anyway? Kenzie wouldn't have invited her, but her older brother might have.

"Let's ditch this party and go somewhere." Hunter yelled over the loud music and intertwined our hands.

"Yes please." I said a little to eagerly. The thought of spending time with Hunter was exciting and I just wanted to be away from this mess.

Less than a week ago, my reaction to 'let's ditch this party and go somewhere else' would've been a definite no. But now, I knew I could trust him. There was just something about him that made me feel safe and warm inside.

Plus, he defended me. As much as I wanted to rip Tiffany's hair out, I was not a violent person whatsoever.

"Okay?" (TFIOS)

"Okay." He led me out of the house towards his black car.

Black.

The color that practically symbolized him.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, curiously.

"You'll see. Now no more questions until we get there." He opened the door for me and I slipped unto the seat.

He started the car and the car got silent. It started raining a bit and rain drops dripped down the window. My thoughts were all jumbled up but eventually I started to wonder about where he lives.

"Hunter, where do you live?" I asked him. I mean, if he was my boyfriend I have all the right to know where he lives.

His jaw was set tight and he gripped the steering wheel. He didn't respond until after a few minutes.

"Why do you want to know?" He gave me a sharp look.

"Well it's just that i dunno you know where I live and just..." I started. I didn't know what to say.

"Savannah just stop." Hunter sighed.

Ouch.

Why does everything I ask always anger him? What is he hiding from me?

I turned my head away and stared outside the window. I watched the rain drops race down the window.

Hunter sighed "Look I'm so-"

He started but I cut him off.
"It's okay. Not a big deal." I shrugged. I didn't want to push him.

I couldn't help but notice how hot he was when he was angry.

'Ugh not now Savannah. Compose yourself.' I told myself mentally.

Hunter parked the car and I pressed my face up against the glass. We were on some sort of cliff with the view of the ocean right in front of it.

The waves crashed over the shore and the gray sky set of a thunder. The wind made the trees blow.

Hunter's face turned serious
"I need to tell you something."

***

A/N:

Okay guys sorry for the late update.
Yeah yeah I know I haven't updated in over a month and I'm really sorry ):

I feel so bad for not updating so here's a longish chapter (:

BTW thank you for all the sweet comments (: I love when I get nice and sweet comments from you guys.

If you have any stories of yours you would like me to read, just inbox me or comment it :3