Chapter 3

I turned just as two arms wrapped around me, pulling me into a fierce hug. "my baby sister is finally home!!!" Mia cooed, squeezing me tightly.

"yeah! and she wants to know what the hell is going on" I growled not returning the hug.

Mia pulled away a frown slipping onto her features. "What do you mean pumpkin?" she asked. 

i turned slightly and waved my hand over Michael who was still standing in his doorway watching our little exchange.

"need i say any more?" I breathed. My sister's cheeks turned a bright pink, her expression suddenly becoming nervous.

"surprise!" she breathed extending her hands slightly from her body.

"No! this is not a surprise...this is ridiculous! Mom and Dad left the house for the both of us and you just...sold it without even saying anything!" I cried, glaring at my sister.

"I was going to tell you but, one thing lead to another and it slipt my mind-" my sister stated feebily.

"How convenient!" i growled sarcastically.

Mia's shoulders sagged her expression falling. "I couldn't raise a family with so many memories of mom and dad" she breathed shaking her head.

"It was just a constant reminder that they weren't around anymore. I'm sorry Vick I meant to ask you, but- I'm sorry." she breathed a tear falling down her cheek.

I wanted to stay angry at her I did, but I was always a sucker for my sisters tears. But another thing to is that I knew what she meant about the memories.

I let out a breath all the anger expelling out of me with that one breath.

"I'm sorry too" I whispered moving to hug my sister. "I missed you"  I added, feeling her arms come up around me again.

We pulled away a smile falling over our faces as we gazed at one another. Suddenly my sister glanced sideways and laughed before dropping her hands, slipping them into the pockets of her shorts. "I guess you've met Michael?" she smiled.

I turned my cheeks burning a bright red. "yeah, that was awkward. Sorry for thinking that you were my sisters husband" I laughed nervously, rubbing a hand down my arm.

Michael leaned back against the door, his arms crossing over his chest. "That's okay, mistakes happen" he smiled.

i held back a gasp. damn he has a nice smile. the way his lips pulled up in that boyish way that made him look ten years younger and are those...dimples! oh damn i love a man with dimples.

I felt a knudge from my sister, breaking the little staring contest I was having with Michael. "You ready to go?" my sister giggled, making me blush.

"Um, yeah." I breathed shaking my head and bending down to grab my purse and my suitcase.

"That everything sweetie?" Mia asked, frowning at my lack of boxes.

"Yeah well apparently I really only have this many things once you empty my apartement of everything" i grumbled under my breath my previous dark mood coming back with a vengenance.

"Well, lets get you settle. Mark is really excited to meet you. So are the kids." Mia squealed, grabbing my purse and waving me to follow her.

"Thanks for the huge helping hand sis" i mumbled, watching as she ran off with only my purse, leaving me with the large suit case.

Michael chuckled from behind me. "Do you need help?" he asked motioning to my bag. I shook my head. "No, I got this." i smiled, grabbing onto the handle. I stepped forward but realized that I had stepped to far and nearly toppled down the stairs, my foot bending in a slightly awkward angle.

I gasped, quickly righting myself, my suitcase wobbling unsteadily on its legs.

"Are you sure your okay?" Michael asked, looking at me worriedly, his arms slightly extended like he was bracing himself to try and catch me.

I nodded, feeling my cheeks heat with embarrassement. "Yeah I think I got it" I mumbled under my breath.

"Are you sure? I can always hold your hand whille you cross the street?" he joked making me blush even more.

"Ha ha...you're so funny" i muttered sarcastically. Michael chuckled, shaking my head.

"Yeah, well i try my best." He smiled. I let out a huff before i turned and walked away, dragging my suit case behind me.

"I'll see you around!" He called, nodding after me before he disappeared back inside his house.

When I looked around for my sister I saw her standing on a porch almost right across the street. I frowned, looking back at Michaels house and then back at the house that my sister was now occupying with her family.

"Did you seriously just move like right across the street from where we used to live?" i called.

Mia laughed nodding. "Yeah, well since I couldn't live there didn't mean that I couldn't watch over the house with a close eye. Make sure that they don't tear down the place, you know?" Mia breathed, smiling down at me as I hauled my bag up the steps.

I let out a huff when I finally got to the top step. "Yeah I guess thats better than nothing." I smiled.

"Ready to meet the rest of the family?" She giggled, clapping her hands eagerly.

I nodded a larger smile tugging at my lips. "i'm so ready to meet my little nephews and nieces" I smiled.

"Great" she whispered opening the door. My mouth dropped when I took in the state of the house. There was toys everywhere.

I stumbled into the house, nearly tripping over 4 barbie dolls and several lego pieces already.

"holy cow" I breathed.

"Aunt Vicotoria!" I heard screams shout before i was almost tackled to the ground by four small bodies.

I looked down at the four faces looking up at me. three of the 4 were boys. two of which looked liked identical twins. "Oh my goodness! look at you all, you're all so big!" I smiled, running my hands over all of their heads.

"Lizzy is this little monster" Mia smiled, stroking her daughters cheek. "Ben and Jerry are the twins." i burst out laughing.

"Did you seriously call your kids Ben & Jerry?" I bit my lip trying to surpress my amusement.

My sister nodded laughing with me.

"Its a comical joke between Mark and I. One that I am going to share with me as soon as you finish meeting the rest of the family."

"And this little dinosaur is Aiden." Mia smiled, grabbing onto the little boy with dark chocolate eyes and hair the same strawberry blond as my sister, placing him onto her hip.

"Say hi" She whispered. He waved a smiled showing the missing teeth he had. I cooed, tapping him on the nose.

"They are so beautiful. How did you manage all this?" I smiled, looking down at the kids.

"Well I couldn't have done all this with out Mark." A dark haired man stepped out of what I guessed to be the kitchen, a dish towel in hand and an apron tied around his waist.  

He had light brown hair and hazelnut eyes. "Hi, its nice to meet you" He smiled, reaching a hand out and giving me a warm hand shake.

"i would give you a hug, but you're kind of wrapped up in some little cuddle bears" He chuckled, bending down and kissing Ben and Jerry's heads.

Coming back home was nice, it was almost worth going through all that crap with my job and boyfriend.

Little did I know that I would want to leave as fast as I had come.