Capri Sun

"Hey" I said, pretending to be offended.

"Sorry!" Before I knew it I was being suffocated in a bear hug.

"But seriously, Did you bring Pizza?"

"You're pushing your luck."

"Oh, C'mon!" I rolled my eyes at his behavior.

"Erin, we've been through this. Just because I decided to dress up as a pizza delivery guy and actually bring pizza for one day, doesn't automatically make me the pizza girl" I crossed my arms in front of my chest, tired of this conversation that we've had multiple times. And no matter how hard I try to continue to convince Erin that Stephen wasn't a killer, It would go through one ear and out the other.

"Hmph" he huffed in response, turning on his heels and heading in the direction of the kitchen. I could've sworn I heard him mumbles something along the lines of "Sorry for being hungry"

"Cut her some slack, Erin. She's been through enough crap." Jake said while entering the living room. He looked up at me, shooting me a small smile which I returned. I plopped on the couch next to him, stealing a cookie from his plate.

"Hey! Get your own!" He yelled, struggling to get back the cookie that I've put way out of his reach

"Nah, what's the fun in that" I chuckled as his let out a small growl.

"C'mon Haze" He whined.

""Here's an idea, get up and get it."

"But I'm comfy..." He stuck out his bottom lip, mimicking a puppy dog face.

Oh, no no no. Don't think that pretty face of yours will save the day"

Jake whimpered in protest. He crossed his arms and put his back to me.

"For God sake Jake, you're 17. Don't you think you're being just a little childish?"

He turned his head slightly, briefly looking at me before returning his gaze back to the wall.

I sighed in disbelief. "God damn it Jake. Here!" I said, holding out the cookie to him.

"HA. YOU GAVE-"

"Ooo, a cookie. Don't mind if I do." Erin swiftly grabbed the cookie out of my grip only to plop it in his mouth.

I stared at Erin wide eyed. My eyebrows raised, still trying to process what just happened. I looked over at Jake. He was glaring at Erin as if he said something insulting. If looks could kill...

"Are you freaking kidding me!" Jake yelled.

"Hmm?" Erin's innocent face twisted in confusion. His eyes then widened.

"Oh, wait! Were you going to eat that?"

"NOOO, He just wanted to show me how many chocolate chips are in the average cookie." I said, frustration clear in my tone.

Erin looks at me as if I had two heads.

"Why would you wanna know that?" He asked, totally oblivious of my sarcasm.

I facepalmed. "I'm done" I said, getting up to leave.

"Wait!" Jake called, pulling me onto the couch. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me as he held me down.

I blinked up at him, leaving him unanswered. Considering I couldn't answer that question myself.

"We" Jake said, gesturing to both all three of us. "Are going out. And by that I mean Lazer Tag" He said, a smile forming on his lips as he finished the sentence.