Chapter Nineteen: The History I Never Knew

WARNING: The Point Of View will be changed a lot in this chapter.

~Bri~

“Bri!”

My eyes flew open as soon as my face hit the floor. “Mother fucker!” I screamed, clawing at the air as tears ran down my face. Air? That was just some assholes face. What the hell just happened?

“Bri!” That was Christofer’s worried voice. Soon he was on the floor next to me. “What the hell is going on?” He put his hands on my face, looking in my eyes as if he was searching for the answer to his question.

“Oh god.” what the hell? Did I just dream all of that? I really just dream about Christofer getting shot? Oh god. I’m more fucked up than I’d originally thought. I put my hands over my face, desperately trying to stuff the tears back into my eyes. Yeah. As if that’ll work.

Before I even knew what was happening, I was in Christofer’s arms. “Sweetie, tell me what happened.”

“You got shot.” I blurted out without thinking. Again, I really have to work on the brain-to-mouth thing.

“Whoa now.” he looked down at me, confused. “I…got shot? In your dream?”

I nodded.

He blinked. His confused face is adorable. “That’s why you’re crying?”

I nodded again.

He smiled before pulling me into his chest. “I…” was all I understood because he was mumbling. What’s up with him and not speaking in a normal tone?! “But don’t cry though. I hate seeing you cry.” he kissed the side of lip, making me blush.

“Uh, I hate to intrude on your little love fest, HOWEVER,” that was Andy’s sarcastic voice booming through the bus door. “Bri, it’s time for MB’s sound check.”

“Alright.” I stood up. “I’ll see you tonight.” I said to Chris before giving him a light peak on the lips. No, we’re not dating. We’re just friend’s who enjoy making out and sleeping with each other. How clichéd are we?

-------------
*The Show*

“Alright everyone! I’m proud to introduce this next band.” Oli said into the mic while standing on one of the speakers. He smiled at me. “Give a loving welcome to my girls Bri and Julz! Make some noise for Midnight Bella!” he yelled into the mic and the crowd freaked out. Damn. They don’t even know who we are. Ahh, the power of Oli Sykes.

I ran onto the stage, kissing Oli’s check as he handed me the mic. I looked back at Julz. She was fixing the drum mic. That’s right. Julz is my drummer. I took a deep breath. “What’s up, South Dakota!”

All I could hear was screams. And man, knowing they were for us, felt amazing. This is the moment I’ve been waiting for my whole life. To finally play for a real crowd, inseat of the ones back home. I never thought I ‘d see this day, but I’m here. And I have Christofer to thank. Speaking of Chris…where the hell is he? “We’re gonna start this off with a cover.” I said into the mic. “How about All I Want by ADTR?!”

They screamed again.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” I laughed. “Julz,”

She nodded, raising her drums sticks in the air. “One, two, three, four!”

“I'm always screaming my lungs out!
'Til my head starts spinnin!
Playing my songs is the way I cope with life!

Won't keep my voice down!
Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud!”

I sang into the mic, jumping up and down with my guitar. I noticed the pit being formed and I couldn’t help but smile. They’re moshing to my singing. It’s a beautiful thing.

“Let's leave no words unspoken.
And save regrets for the broken.
Will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own.
To mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone!
Whoa,
You know to keep your hopes up high,
And your head down low!
Keep your hopes up high and your head down low!”

I looked backstage and saw Oli and Andy throwing up the ‘rock’ sign. I smiled at them. I can’t believe I’m being pumped up by the people I’ve idolized for years.

“All I want is a place to call my own,
To mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone!
Whoa,
you know to keep your hopes up high
And your head down low!

Keep your heads down low!
Keep your hopes up high,
And your heads down low!”

We finished the song and everyone screamed louder than before. I love this rush. The rush of being on stage. Having a million eyes on you. It’s been so long since I’ve played in front of a crowd and it felt amazing to finally be up here again. This is exactly where I belong.

“Alright. Now we’re gonna slow it down so those of you moshing can catch your breath.” I laughed into the mic. I nodded to Julz. “This one is an original. I hope you all like it.”

I took in a nervous breath. I haven sung this song in five years. Since Merlin‘s first show at Amos. I remember that night…I wonder what happened to that kid who was staring at me. He got punched in the pit. Which sucked because he was really cute. Ah well. Can’t dwell on the past. “When I was younger I saw, my Daddy cry, and cruse at the wind…”

~Christofer~

I ran into the back door of the venue. Damn, I hope I didn’t miss Midnight Bella’s set. Bri would kill me if I did. I came to a skidding stop next to Andy and Oliver. “What I miss?” I asked, out of breath.

“Bri’s first song. It was a cover, so not much, mate.” Oliver told me. I don’t like him very much. It’s because Bri seems to have a thing for him. I really do not like that. 

Andy nodded toward the Bri. “It doesn’t even seem like its her first time. She looks like she belongs on stage.”

I smiled. “That’s because she does.”

“When I was younger I saw, my Daddy cry, and cruse at the wind. He broke his own heart and I watched, as he tried to reassemble it.”

My heart nearly stopped when Bri’s lyrics drifted into my ears. It’s that song. The one that made me fall in love with her all those years ago.

“And my Mama swore that she would, never let her, self, forget. And that was the day that I promised, I’d never sing of love, if it does not exist.”

Her eyes wondered to mine. But, unlike last time, she didn’t look away. Instead, she stared at me with a confused look on her beautiful face. Did she know?

~Bri~

I looked over and saw Christofer standing next to Andy and Oli. Well look at them getting along. That’s surprising because I know Chris has a problem with Oli. To be honest, Oli isn’t too fond of Christofer either.

Chris had dazed look on his face when my eyes met his. It reminded me of something. Something I saw a long time ago. A memory that I wasn’t even aware of. A memory, yes. But from where?

But Darling, you are, the only exception. You are, the only exception. You are, the only excepton .  You are, the only exception.” I suddenly remembered. That look…it’s the look that kid gave me five years ago. Is he…? No way. It couldn’t be. “I’ve got a tight grip on reality but I can‘t, let go of what’s in front of me here. I know you’re leaving in the morning, when you wake up. Leave me with some kind of proof it’s not a dream!” What was that kid’s name? I know his friend yelled it…

*FLASH BACK*

Alex and I were walking off of the stage when I suddenly heard someone yelling,

“Chris! Watch out!”

My head snapped in the direction of the call, as if it were me they were talking to. Standing dead in the middle of the pit, was a tall kid with brown hair and dazed look in his eyes. His lips pulled in to a perfect smile only seconds before a hand smacked across his face, knocking him out as his body disappeared into the crowd.

*END OF FLASH BACK*

I backed away from the mic for a moment. Julz eminently went into a drum solo. “Chris…” I whispered to myself. It was him.

~Christofer~

With every lyric, I could feel myself falling in love with her all over again. Bri’s voice still had it’s Angelic ring to it. But, it was even more beautiful than I remembered. How is it possible for me to love her more than I already do?

“Chris.” I heard Bri whisper into the mic before Julz started a drum solo.

Andy and Oliver stared at me. “Did she just say your name?” they asked this at the same time, yet, they sounded completely different. Andy questioned in a confused tone, while Oliver’s was disgust.

I nodded. “I don’t think we were supposed to hear that.”

~Bri~

“You, are, the only exception. You, are, the only exception. You, are, the only exception. You, are, the only exception.” I looked at Christofer. I’ve never believe in fate, but that‘s the only thing that makes sense right now. Fate bought us together five years ago, and then again seven months ago. Fate does exist. “And I’m on my way to believing. Oh and I’m, on, my way to believing.”

The crowed went wild the second I finished singing. They also started chanting our name. “Midnight Bella! Midnight Bella!” it was like a BVB video.

“Thank you all! You’re fucking amazing!” I said into the mic before running off the stage. I’m so glad we let BMTH run over their set time. I don’t think I’d be able to make it through anymore songs. Not after what I just figured out.

Andy picked me up, twirling us in a circle. “Thank was fucking rad!”

“Well thank you.” I said, laughing awkwardly as he set me back on my feet. But my feet weren’t touching the floor long before Oli picked me up.

“You are so very talented.” he said in my ear.

I felt myself blush a little. “Thanks dude.” I smiled at him when he set me back down. Why is everyone go goddamn tall?!

“I’ll tell you how amazing you two did after my set.” Christofer told Julz and I before kissing my check and running on the stage. UGH. Now I have to wait thirty minutes. Just kill me now.

----

I completely zoned out while Christofer was playing. It’s not because he’s music annoys me, -that was part of it- it’s because I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts. I didn’t even know Nathan Ellison was in the room. As hot as he is, that should tell you how dazed I am. Okay, not dazed. I’m just confused. How could this be happening? Christofer came to a show five years ago, then we just happen to meet him a few months ago? Did he know?

I sighed, realizing how crazy I probably look. I’m sitting in this corning, eyes glazing over, not paying attention to anything anyone says. Yep. Crazy chick status. However, “So I’m in love with this girl...” were the words that snapped me back into reality. “I have been for a while now. She doesn’t know how I feel though. But I’m so lucky to even have her as a friend.” Christofer smiled, looking down as bit his bottom lip.

I suddenly felt a wave of jealously wash over me. Whoever this girl is…I hate her.

“She’s my Jane Doe, I’m her biggest fan, and she’s the reason I can’t stand it.” he laughed at his own joke. Only he would crack a joke about his songs. Silly boy. “This one is for you, Love.” he started strumming his guitar. “Baby, I love you. I never want to let you go. The more I think about, the more I want to let you know... That everything you do, is super fuckin' cute. And I can't stand it.”

I slowly stood up, trying to sneak out of the building. I feel too weak to even sit in front of everyone.
Knowing Christofer is singing about someone else…why does it hurt? I walked out of the backdoor and leaned against the wall. I have to clear my thoughts.

Suddenly, the smell of a burning cigarette flew into my lungs. “What’s with the water works?” I heard someone chuckle.

I knew that voice. I’ve known it my whole life. “What the actual fuck do you want, Tomkins?” I snapped at him. I’m not in the mood for his asshole behavior.

He pushed himself off of the wall he was leaning on and walked over where I was sitting. “I want to know what’s wrong.” he said as he sat down next to me.

I let out a bitter chuckle. “Like you care.”

“I do.” he took a long drag from his cigarette before smoothly blowing the smoke through his perfectly shaped lips. Ugh. Did I just say that about his lips? “I care because, despite all the shit I’ve done to you these last few months, you’re still my best friend.” he handed me the cigarette, smirking at me. Only he knows smoking calms me down when I’m extremely stressed.

I gave him a sad smile as I put the cigarette between my lips. As I inhaled, I felt the silky smoke running into my lungs, slowing melting the stress away. “Thanks.” I said to him, feeling the smoke roll from my lips.

He nodded toward the door. “So, that Christofer kid…you love him.”

“What!?” I screamed, coughing from the amount of smoke I inhaled by accident.

He laughed at me. But this wasn’t the evil snicker that belonged to the singer of Chasing Starz’s. No, this was the laugh of my best friend. This was the laugh of Alex Tomkins. “I know that face. Hell, I’ve been making that face for 17 years now.” he sighed, taking the cigarette away from me. “I hate to admit it but, he loves you back.”

“He’s singing about someone else.” I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder. With the tears threatening to run at any moment, I realized that I’m actually glad that Alex is here.

“No he isn’t. That song is about you.” he smiled at me. “I know because,” he sighed. “If I wrote you a song, it would be those exact lyrics. However, mine would involve screaming, some heavy ass drum solo, and a screeching guitar.”

I laughed. “Even after all this time, you can still me make laugh when I’m about to break down.”

He winked at me, throwing his arm around me shoulders. “Just know,” he whispered into my hair “No matter what happens, what you feel or what I feel, I‘ll always be your best friend. Even if it kills me.”

None of that made sense to me. However, I’m sure there was a meaning behind it. In all the years I’ve known him, Alex has never uttered a single sentence that had no meaning. I mean come on, this is Alex Tompkins we’re talking about.

~Christofer~

“You, you got me where you want me. Cause I'll do, anything to please you. Just to make it through...Another year. You, I saw you across the room an I knew, that this was gonna blossom into something, beautiful. You're beautiful.” I looked over to where I thought Bri was sitting, but she wasn’t there. Nate was sitting in her place. “Where’s Bri?” I mouthed to him.

He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. He was sitting next to her the whole time. “Baby, I love you, I never want to let you go. The more I think about, the more I want to let you know...that everything you do, is super duper cute. And I can't stand it.

Baby, I love you
I never want to let you go
The more I think about,
The more I want to let you know...
That everything you do,
Is super duper cute
And I can't stand it

No I can't stand it.”

I saw Bri and Alexander walking into the venue. His arm was wrapped around her shoulders and they were smiling. But Bri looked like she’s smiling so she wouldn’t fall apart. What happened?

Alexander and Andy shot me the same look, at the exact same time.

I frowned at them, confused.

Alex reached into his back pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. “Tell her now.” is what it said. How long has he been carrying that around?

I sighed, grabbing the mic. Now or never? Yeah, that sounds about right. “So, I’m in love with Bri Thomas.”

~Bri~

“So, I’m in love with Bri Thomas.”

In that moment, everything went dead silent. Well, other than Andy’s booming laugh and Jack screaming “I fucking knew it!”. Why am I friends with these people?

“I have been for five years.” He smiled. “I love her, and it’s killing me that she doesn’t know.” he looked over to me. “I love you, Bri.”

I guess you’re wondering what my response is. Well, right now, I’m standing here, jaw hanging open, eyes wide, and not breathing. What the hell am I supposed to do?! This is too much information in one night, man! I don’t know how to process this properly.

“Dude, we’re in the middle of a show.” Andy whispered in my ear. “Chose wisely. Although, either way, you’re going to have fan girls hating on you, soooo.”

I smacked him in the stomach. “You’re not helping, Andy!”

“Alright, damn.” he chuckled, backing away.

I sighed. This is not the time to chicken out, freak out, or even the time to think. This is something I have to do without thinking. Therefore, I took a deep breath before running onto the stage. Christofer caught me when I ran into his arms. “I love you back.” I whisper to him.

He smiled. And this smile, was the most beautiful smile I’d ever seen him make. He leaned down, pushing his lips against mine. As he kissed me, that spark of emotion flared up like always. But, unlike before, this time, I knew what emotion he was putting into the kiss. Love.

I threw my arms around his neck, standing on my toes to deepen the kiss. I never thought it was possible to get lost in a kiss. But, when cameras started flashing, I realized that’s exactly what happened. I pulled away from Chris, smiling as I grabbed the mic. “Christofer Drew Ingle is taken. GO TWEET THAT SHIT!”

Christofer laughed, pulling me back into his arms.

So, I guess some stories do have a happy ending. Surprise, surprise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Author’s Note: Woohoo! Bri and Christofer are finally together! Took them long enough! Hey, does anyone have a couples name for them? Like, Britofer? Xd

Vomment and fan! Love you for reading! <3

-Lexi