Date

This chapter came out shorter than I expected.

Chapter 8

She say she love me, she wanna be with me all the time.

And your girl keep telling me, we're meant to be, begging me to put it in her life.

Cause I know how to handle that, there ain't no denying that.

Stop all of your crying if you want me to I'll hand her back.

You must be her bodyguard cause I see you trying hard.

And she falling for me nothing you can do about that.

You Da One-August Alsina

~

Demarie …

I was still in shock from August kissing me. Gah, he lips felt so good. Shoot, I wouldn’t mind him kissing me somewhere else. “Who is that nigga, holding my daughter?” Oh, yeah that guy is Darrien.

“Oh, she is your daughter now? You said she wasn’t yours three years ago. Why are you worried about who that was?”

“Marie, what is the difference now? I’m here now, ain’t I? I’m trying to see her now. You got all these dudes around here and shit.” I laughed in his face.

“Whew, you almost had me there. Let me go and get you another waitress before I lose my job. Talking about, I’m here now. Type of bulls|hit is that? You went and took care of a child that wasn’t yours but you couldn’t take care of a child that is yours.” He jaw dropped. “Yeah, I found out about that other chick that you got pregnant but it’s cool because I’ve been handling my daughter by myself for almost four years and I’m going to keep doing that. Have a nice day.” I smiled and walked away with my head up high.

“D, who was that?” Bri said, coming out the back.

“Layla’s sperm donor.”

“What? What he think, he was gone come back and ya’ll was gone be buddy buddy or something?” I shrugged. I told her about him, so she knows. “Where is my baby, anyway?”

I smiled. “With a friend.”

“A friend?” She questioned.

“Yes.”

“Who is this friend? You never let anybody watch her but Zaria or me? I know she can’t be with Jay cause, she never watches her.”

“Why are you so nosy, Bri?” I say, jokingly.

“Demarie, don’t play with me. Tell me, why you stalling? It’s a guy? You didn’t tell, you had a boyfriend!” She squealed.

“Girl, sshh!” I whispered-yelled. “Okay, don’t yell. But, she is with August.” I closed my eyes then opened them, seeing her mouth wide open.

“I only know one August and that’s August Alsina. Are you serious, right now? Say your bullshiting.”

“I’m not.”

“WHAT! WH—“Everybody was staring at us.

“Sorry.” I pulled her in the break room, shutting the door behind us. She hit me. “D, when did this happen?” She says.

I told her about everything that happened, including what just happened moments before. “His kissed you! Omg!”

“On the cheek.” I clarified. She rolled her eyes.

“So, you better be glad you got that. Any other girl would’ve dropped their panties, right then and there. That sexy beast could get it. AND he watching you daughter, shoot he a good one.”

“Mhm.” The door opened before anybody could say anything else, revealing Valerie.

“What the hell are ya’ll doing? Ya’ll got customers out there, waiting. Get out there now.”

“Okay, Valerie.” We groaned. I love Mrs. Valerie but sometime she can be a bitch.

~

Walking into the house, I hang up my keys beside the door and walked into the living room. Where is August and Layla? I know they’re here because his car is outside. How did they get back in the house, anyways? ”August!” Nothing. “Layla!” I walk to her room seeing her on the floor playing with an IPad and August was sleep in a chair, in the corner. I giggled. Wait, how in the hell did Layla get an IPad? I sat my purse down on the dresser and walked over to August.

“August! Wake up!” He jumped up, almost falling on the floor.

“Mayne...” He groaned.

“You can go now.” I say, walking out the kitchen.

“Ma, you tryna put me out already?” He said, coming up behind me.

“ Uh, yeah. Don’t you have somewhere to be or something?”

“What time is it?” He asked.

“Almost four.”

“Damn, I was sleep long as hell. I gotta get to the studio.” He said.

“What was that about earlier.” I

blurted out. Shit, I wasn’t supposed to bring that up.

He smirked. “I don’t know what you talkin’ bout, ma.” I rolled my eyes.

“Forget it.” His phone vibrated. He pulled out his pocket, looking at it then looked up at me.

“I gotta finna shoot out, but wanna go somewhere tonight?”

“What? Like a date?”

He shrugged. “Whatever you want it to be.”

“N—“

He cut me off. “I’ll take that as a yes. Imma come scoop you up ‘round nine.” With that, he walked out the door. The fuck? Who do he think he is?

Ten minutes later, I hear a knock on the door. I walk out the kitchen, through the living room to the front door. Opening the door, I see Zaria. I let her in, walking back to the living room sitting down on the couch.

“What you doing here?” I asked.

“What? I can’t come and see my big sister?”

“No. You only come over here when you need some or want to know some.”

She laughed. “Okay, okay. Who is this guy Bri is talking about?” I groaned. Bria got a big mouth. First, Jay now her.

“A friend. Can you watch your niece tonight?” I say.

“Why?”

“Because…yes or no?”

“Why should I? You won’t even tell me about this dude, Bri is talking about.”

“Watch Layla and you’ll find out.” I say.

“Ugh, fine! I'm only doing this for Layla."

“ Thanks boo. I love you.”

“Bitch...I don't love yo ass” She mumbled under her breath, making me laugh. I love my sister.

----

Thoughts?

Demarie got a date with August !

COMMENT. VOTE. COMMENT. ADD TO YOUR LIBRARIES.