Chapter 10

One to Care

Chapter 10

Time passed by. Was it a minute? Two? I was losing my senses. Then I heard a light chuckle.

“Chase you really didn’t have to go that low.” Kara sneered at me and strutted away in her obnoxiously high heels that I didn’t know how the hell she walked in.

But I wasn’t worrying about her heels. It was what she had said to Chase. We had broken apart a long time ago, as soon as she came along. ‘Damn her. She ruined the moment.’ I thought, as I simply stared at by unpainted toes. 

Awkward silence continued, until I couldn’t take it anymore. I was frustrated and angry, at the same time a teensy bit happy. 

“What was that?” I quietly asked, looking up at him from my bangs.

He didn’t answer for a long time. It seemed as if he was debating with himself, forgetting my existence here in front of him. Too much time passed by, and I realized I was standing there, like a fool, just staring at Chase’s face. It made me a little angry at the thought that he would always make things weird between us. I was fed up with all of these subtle moments that we seemed to get stuck in all the time.

Huffing, I asked. “Well?”

His normally soft eyes turned icy as he answered. “I’m going crazy because of you. You confuse me too much. Let’s just stop... EVERYTHING.” 

Everything. That meant our friendship and our acquaintance. He wanted to pretend like he didn’t even know me. The thought made me sad but I figured there was a reason behind his behavior. At least I convinced my self to believe such. 

When I took too long interpreting and reacting to what he had said, he stormed off. Talk about a hypocrite. And I just stood there, standing alone, in the dark. Left, abandoned, confused, and a lot of other things. 

A/N: sorry for the long wait guys. BUT IT'S CHAPTER DIEZ.. AHHHH I'm not sure how to continue this story, so if you want, you can always PM me new ideas and I might just use it :) Anyways, I'm ashamed about its length too haha. But I really didn't have any ideas, which you might have noticed through this chapter. Thanks for reading and VOMMENT ^^