19 - Lies, Lies, and More Lies

Chapter 19

Ok so just making this clear because I think I put it one chapter that Hayden is a freshman but she is actually a sophomore so yeah just making that clear.

And also do you think we could get this to 70 votes... the other chapters have gotten close. I can't believe I even get to 60!!!!! You guys are amazing!

"So is this good?" I asked Austin as I handed him his computer and I bit my lip and watched as he read my paragraph aloud.

I still felt slightly embarrassed that I had cried in front of him earlier but he did a good job of pretending that it never happened.

He finished the paragraph and smiled brightly at me.

"It's great, do you write at home? I can tell you've had practice," he said, looking impressed. I blushed and then brought my knees up to my chest to hide my red face.

"I write stories sometimes," I explained and he smirked.

"What kind of stories?" he asked and my face turned even more red.

"Well let's just say they may or may not be Justin Bieber fan fictions," I said and laughed and he rolled his eyes.

"Of course," he mumbled and then save our work and closed the laptop.

"I think we've done enough today. We've already written about 2,000 words. Do you want me to drive you home?" he asked and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Thought you couldn't drive," I said removing my knees from my face and standing up.

"Well I didn't have a car then. I'll use my moms-"

"Austin! Alex is here," his mom shouted from downstairs and I cursed under my breath. Why does Alex have to be here?!

Alex showed up in the doorway and his eyes landed on me.

"Austin... what's Hayden doing in your room?" Alex asked and I saw him do a "secret" glare at Austin.

"Um we were just working on a project and I," I said and picked up my backpack, "was just leaving."

"I can drive you home!" Austin yelled as I walked across the room.

"can drive you home," Alex suggested.

"I'll just take the bus," I mumbled as I hurried out of his room.

"Oh Hayden it was nice to meet you," his mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Good to meet you too!" I yelled as I pushed opened the front door and was met by the refreshing breeze.

Now that was awkward.

***

"So, remember on the first day I met you, and I asked you to come to my friend's hosue for a sleepover and that never actually ended up happening?" Sarah asked as she bounced a little at the end of my bed.

"Yeah, I was sick I think," I mumbled and stared at the ceiling as she started talking again.

"Well my friend is having another one, so do you want to come?" she asked and my shoulder slumped down. I sat up and leaned against my pillow so I was facing her.

"I don't know, I'm not much of a party person... or a people person," I said laughing at the last part. Sarah let out a small laugh and sighed.

"They're all so annoying though but my mom is friends with her mom and she is making me go and please don't make me go alone!" she pleaded and gave me the puppy face. I groaned and covered my face with my hands.

"Ok ok fine, when is it?" I asked and regretted giving in. Oh how I hate sleepovers...

"Friday, we can come over to your house after school and pack and then we can head over to her house. I promise it'll be fun... well no it won't, but I'll be there," she said and fake smiled at the last part. I rolled my eyes and swung my feet over the edge of the bed.

"Okay, now come on I'm hungry," I said and stood up and walked out of my room. Sarah followed me to the kitchen and I opened up the cupboard and pulled out a box of cheez-its. 

"Ooh! I love those! 'Gimme," she begged and then just took the box out of my hands and took a handful and stuffed it in her face.

"Smooth, Sarah, smooth," I said jokingly and she glared at me and I pulled out a few and ate some.

"So do you like anyone?" Sarah asked with a smirk and my hand stopped mid-way in the box. My whole body froze.

Just tell her!

No don't you dare tell her!

It won't do any harm!

Yes it will! If Austin finds out he won't hang out with me anymore because it'll be too awkward.

"Uh, Hayden you don't have to answer, I was just asking.... are you okay?" she asked and waved a hand in front of my face.

"Oh what? Oh yeah. Um I don't like anyone. Sorry I was just uh thinking about something," I lied and faked a smile and Sarah raised her eyebrow at me.

"You sure about that?" she asked with a smirk on her face and I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm sure now come on let's take these to my room," I said and picked up the box of cheez-its and raced Sarah to my room.

That was close.

***
"So how are you and Rob doing? You know on the writing project," I asked and turned off my laptop.

"We haven't even started. I mean we're friends and all but us... together... on 'The Love Project?' It just doesn't work. I mean you and Austin are good together because you two would actually look good together," she exclaimed and I blushed, "But me and Rob? No way! I'd be better off with Alex, I mean we look good together right... wait don't tell anyone I said that!"

I laughed as her eyes widened.

"Sarah I kind of already guessed that you liked him anyways," I explained and she huffed.

"I never said I liked him in the first place! I just said that we would look good together, their is nothing wrong with that!" she exclaimed loudly and stuffed the cheez-its in her mouth and I bit my lip to keep from laughing.

I can't believe she was lying to me though...

But I was lying to her. 

Maybe I should tell her about Austin.

No, I shouldn't.

I can't risk him finding out. He'll never speak to me again!

I put my face in my hands and groaned.

"Are you okay Hayden?" she asked.

"I'm fine," I croaked.

"I guess we're both in bad moods today huh?"

"You have no idea."

Sorry for the short chapter!

It's sort of just a filler thing.

Vote

Comment

Share

Fan

@ShootUsDown74