Chapter 2

“What do you want?” I quickly looked around. There were several cars on the street, the whole place was lit by lamp posts but I sensed no life except for a cat asleep on a tree. I swallowed down a lump on my throat, not knowing if I really want to know the answer to my question.

“Still acting all tough and-“

“I said what do you want Lu?” I snapped.

“I have an assignment-“

“I’m done with that.” I said about to drop the call.

“But this is for me and the big guy.”

“What?” I asked surprised.

“I knew you’d be interested.” He chuckled, “just like your grandfather.”

“My grandfather did the right thing, and I would too.” I said, “I’m not damned, I’m nowhere near death.”

“But your children are.” He says.

I felt the blood from my face drain. “Don’t you dare-“

“I can always release their father in exchange of your children, I doubt Noah would like that but-“

“Leave my children out of this.” I snapped.

“So you do think that Noah is in hell?”

“We both know that that was where he was heading.” I said. “I would save him and kick your ass if you hurt him, but then I promised him that I will protect our children first.”

“And what a good job you have done too, how long have you gone into clean living, Jas?” he asked. “Three years? Four?” I didn’t answer, “Oh, you never did, did you? You still killed all those half breeds just like your grandfather and your father did.”

“I put them in place.” I snapped.

“Ah, so you did…” he says, “and you think you are doing us a favor then?”

“I’m doing my kind a favor.”

“Hm, so, they’re about five now, aren’t they? What are their names? Adam and Eve?” he chuckled, “How predictable…”

“Listen to me Lu, if you hurt one hair on my children’s head I will hunt you down and chain you in hell myself.”

“Now that’s the Jasmine I have watched grow up.” he says excitedly. “But, see, you seem to be overlooking the fact that I only got one life in exchange of two, so I think it would be safe to say that I would need one back and-“

“No!” I gasped, realizing that he has one of my child’s life on his hand, and he can indeed take it back, unless the big man upstairs disagree. “They’re just kids, take me-“

“No can do, like you said you are doing your kind a favor, that means you are doing us a favor too.” He says, “Though your other deal…”

“No, please don’t…”

“Well, I can’t just give a life for free.” He says acting bewildered, “Life can’t go on sale, you know.”

“Please…”

“Ah, begging, one of my favorite human traits.” He says, “Do what we ask you to do, then you are off the hook.”

“Forever?”

“Forever.”

“While I continue with my day job?”

“Yes,” he whined, “if you must clean the world of unwanted visitor, then fine.”

“What do I have to do?” I asked.