Rving in Florida, Winterset RV Resort Holiday Giving to school children.

One of the reasons I believe Winterset RV Resort is the ideal campground in South west florida, is that the managers, Barb along with Doug Roper, are often coming up with progressive ways to make camping in Fl more enjoyable and enjoyable. A month ago they planned a blind golf buggy race. No injuries were claimed - apart from various sore guts because of laughing too much!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IOBmgXK3ee4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At our recent coffee and donut get-together Barb announced another wonderful idea: Instead of swapping the traditional "gag" gifts at Christmas, Winterset home owners can "give" to the community by giving sweatshirts for needy children at Palm View Elementary School in Palmetto. As the winter season comes, numerous kids coming from poorer circumstances will appreciate a warm sweatshirt to beat back the cooler weather.

This proposal was completely accepted by the home owners of Winterset RV Resort and the school acually has been approached. Needless to say the principal is thrilled with the plan and assistant principal, Tori Hicks, will provide shirt measurements. It is believed that upwards of 300 kids are in need of assistance and the strategy is to provide sweat shirts for every simgle one of the 433 students. A committee of Winterset residents will wrap the gifts which are going to be distributed before X-mas recess.

"It's such a good thing to witness our volunteers and guests contribute so fondly to the children," said Tim Newby, the head of Newby Management, which oversees the upkeep of Winterset along with thirty-nine other resorts. "It is a warm gesture that provides each day that they wear their gift".

The occupants of Winterset RV Resort are thrilled about helping children stay warm this cold seasib. If anyone would like to help out with the gifts to the children of Palm View Elementary School, you certainly can phone Barbara Roper at (941) 722-4884, or drop off your gift or contribution at the office of Winterset RV Resort at 8515 US Hwy 41 N, Palmetto, FL 34221.

Thank you, Merry Christmas and God bless.

Article source: [http://youtu.be/U1XmTRllZVw Continuing]