chapter 2

I'm sorry

Chapter 2

Amy places her blackberry back on her desk and opened her closet door. She wanted to look nice in front of Ian. She grabbed a jade green DKNY t-shirt and custom designed Prada shorts. Hopefully Ian would notice that her shirt matched her eyes. She closed the closet door behind her and quickly changed into her clothes.

Amy looked at herself in the mirror and thought about how at the beginning of this summer she would never have been able to afford clothes like this. Now, after the 39 clues and Dan and her winning 4 million dollars, she was picking out Armani, DKNY, Prada, and so on when she used to be trying to find on sale clothes Macy's. Amy combed her hair and put on a coat of lip-gloss. What will Ian think of me?

She put her phone in her pocket and left her bedroom. Amy scanned the living-room to make sure that everything would be fine for when Ian and Natalie arrived. The only thing that she saw was a bag of Doritos on the table that Dan had been eating earlier. Amy grabbed it and dropped it in the trash can. Then she sat down on the couch in front of the TV and she closed her eyes to think for a while.

Ian had broken her heart multiple times over the past summer. His mother even killed Amy's and Dan's parents. How can I possibly love him? How can I believe that he might love me back? Maybe he does love me. Ian and Natalie did help Dan and I keep Isabel (Ian's mother) away from the clues. Why should he hurt me now?

Amy's eyes flew open when she heard the doorbell ring. It must be Dan. Oh no! I have to explain everything to him. She got up and opened the door for her brother. "Hey Dan. How was the movie?" Amy asked, trying to hide the worry in her face.

"It was awesome. We had a great time. Hey sis, are you alright? You look seriously scared. " Dan replied. Amy sighed and told Dan to sit down.

"Ian and Natalie will be here in a few minutes. Just act normal and don't say anything stupid, okay?"

"WHAT? COBRAS ARE COMING HERE?" Dan exploded, "You've been talking to Ian, haven't you?"

"Dan just calm down. Ian and I just need to talk about something. You and Natalie will just have to get along for a while. I'm gonna call Nellie and tell her that we'll be gone till about 6 or 7."

"I'm gonna be stuck with Natalie? What is wrong with you? No matter what Ian says, don't believe him. Most of the summer you were bawling because that jerk broke your heart. I don't want you acting like that again, okay?" Dan screamed. He watched as Amy nodded her head.

Amy's phone suddenly started to ring. She took it out of her pocket and looked at the caller. It was Ian's number. Amy pressed answer and held the phone up to her ear. "Hello?" she heard Ian's voice say.

"Hi. Where are you?" Amy asked. Dan got up quickly and went do his bedroom to comb his hair. My clothes should be fine, after all, Sophie thought it was nice.

"Actually, I'm at your apartment or at least I think I am. Just open the door so we know which apartment is yours," Ian replied. Amy opened the front door, still holding her phone to her ear. "Thanks, I can see you," Ian said. Amy looked around and saw Ian wearing a white polo and black jeans. This is probably the first time I've seen Ian in jeans. Natalie got out of the limo, wearing clothes that Amy couldn't even describe. Since she is Natalie, they're probably designer.

Amy ended the call and stepped aside so that Ian and Natalie could enter. "Hello, love" Ian greeted her with a smile.

"Let's just get this over with," Natalie said to them, glaring at her older brother. They stepped into the house to see Dan sitting on the couch, his hands balled into fists.

"Hello, Daniel," Natalie greeted. Dan mumbled something that she couldn't hear. "What?" Natalie asked.

"My name is Dan," he said. Natalie rolled her eyes. She dropped her Prada messenger bag on the couch and sat down next to it.

"So, where are we going? Ian and Amy should probably decide since all of this is for them, right Dan?" Natalie said.

"Well, since I don't know Boston much, why don't you choose Amy?" Ian suggested.

"I... um..."Amy started. Luckily, Dan's phone started ringing.

"Who is it?" Natalie asked. Who would possibly want to call Daniel?

"Sophie," he replied. Dan pressed answer and ran to his room to speak privately.

"Who's Sophie?" Natalie asked. Does he have a crush on someone?

"Dan's girlfriend," Amy replied. Natalie looked horrified. Who would possibly want to be Daniel's girlfriend?

"Speaking of girlfriends..." Ian muttered softly so that only Amy could hear. Amy could feel her cheeks burning. She looks lovely when she blushes, Ian thought. Amy turned away so that Ian couldn't see her face. She's just embarrassed, he thought.

Amy heard the door open and everyone turned around to see Nellie standing there with a horrified look on her face. "What are the Kabras doing here?" she screamed.