Chapter 4

After showering and changing into fresh clean clothes I decide I should grab some food to eat. I walk into the kitchen and start looking through the fridge. God why didn't I learn to cook when I was younger, I could totally go for an egg sandwich right now.

As if reading my mind I hear a deep voice say, "Want me to make you something to eat Evie." Evie, only a few people still call me that. I look up from the fridge to see Bryce standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

I smile, "Yes please Brycey." I say, calling him the nickname I gave him when I was eight. "I will take an egg sandwich if you don't mind." I walk over to the counter and sit down in a high stool. Ah, just like old times.

"Sure thing." He grabs all the needed items to make my meal. As he starts to prep it he says, "So how did tryouts go?"

I shrug. "They went well, as expected. But I met this girl, her name is Tori and she is absolutely amazing at soccer. Our team is going to be so much better than last year with her and I working together on the field. Plus she's really nice."

"Are you trying to tell me that Evie Brewer is actually making friends?" he says astonished. I frown at him because he is just being a jerk.

"Stop being a meany and get back to your cooking." He laughs and rolls his eyes.

"You're just like your sister Evie."

"Why is Evie like me?" Kari says as she walks into the kitchen. She walks behind Bryce with her pregnant belly taking up more than half the space between the counter and Bryce's back.

"She's just sassy to the extreme." He says and finishes up my sandwich. He plates it then hands me the food.

"Thanks." I say happily and dig in.

"So Evie, how did tryouts go? You didn't get hurt did you?" I look at her with sour eyes.

"No I didn't get hurt." I say angrily. God, ever since she found out I can't change, she has treated me like a fragile flower. I'm not weak, I have average strength of a human girl! "But they went well. I met a new girl and she seems very nice."

"Good, I'm glad you are making new friends." She says as she grabs pickle juice out of the fridge. Then she waddles over to the cabinet and grabs some Oreos.

She sits down next to me and proceeds to dip the Oreos in pickle juice. I pretend to barf and give her a disgusted look. "You are the grossest thing in this world." I say to her. She sticks her tongue out at me.

"Well when you're pregnant with twin werewolves and you get weird cravings like this then I'm going to tell you the same exact thing." Pain flashes through my heart for a moment as I realize that I will never be able to hold werewolf pups in my body without having my wolf. I let it slide though because there have been cases of half breeds where the mother is human and the father is werewolf.

"Fine, I won't judge you. But it's still gross." I say and hop off my stool. "See yah!" I shout and run out the room.

"Evie you forgot to take care of your dishes!" Bryce shouts as I'm already gone. I knew I didn't do it, I just didn't want to take the time to clean my dirty dishes. I laugh to myself as I picture the Alpha of our pack cleaning my dirty plate. Props of being the Luna's little sister.

As I turn the corner I run into someone and fall flat on my butt. I hear the other person stumble but they grab onto the wall. I look up and see Ashely. I smile brightly. "Hey Ash, haven't seen you in a little while."

She smiles shyly and reaches her hand out to help me up, "I know, I've been busy. Between taking care of Kyle and Jamie, I just don't have time for myself." Aw, I love Kyle. He is the cutest nine year old out there.