Chapter 1

Ava's P. O. V.   

I'm not one of those fashion-loving popular girls that have a bunch of parties, boyfriends, and only care about makeup. I'm no longer a fan of that type. But at least they have a group of friends. I don't. I prefer focusing on my education and getting into a good collage. But I guess that's the reason I don't have many friends. I used to be friends with some of those populars. Yes, i used to go to parties and all in middle school and ninth grade. But that was in middle school. Now i have chosen my priorities. Studies always come first. Since i started studying a lot more often, i guess my popular friends thought they didn't need me in their group anymore or maybe thought that i was no fun. But i gotta admit.....I do still have a crush on this popular kid named Niall Horan. (I was never his "friend" but I did know him pretty well) and now I watch him from a distance. He's very cute. I used to date this amazing guy name Harry Styles in ninth grade. Things went all weird and the relationship lasted only 4 months.  But I know there must be millions of other girls who like him and he'd definitely pick one of them. And everyone thinks i'm weird anyway. Harry Styles' ex; a complete "nerd". Yes people call me a nerd now. I just say "more highly educated than some others". Sometimes i get bullied by Jamie, Katie, and maybe Emily were involved as well. These 3 girls were my so-called friends....used to be friends.

_________________________________    

Jaime's P. O. V.   

If there's anything i gotta hate in life, it has to be school. So i try to make the best of it. It's school. I am walking around talking to my BFF, Claire, and we see this girl on the bench near the lockers all by herself. She has her head buried in a book that i'm guessing is a history book. I realize it's this girl i knew called Ava. We decide to have some fun with her. Like, kick her ass or take her down somehow (ok not literally but get in her way and bother her) Omg how fun. So i tell Claire. "Are you sure?", Claire asks.  "Well definitely! It's her turn today! She's a weird kid believe me she deserves it" i say excitedly. "Ok", Claire agrees but she looks confused. I ignore it and we walk toward that girl.....Ava. I knew her in 9th grade. Claire doesn't.  _________________________________     Ava's P. O. V.    I'm on the bench near my locker and i see two girls who i recognize immediately, Claire and Jamie, walking in my direction.  Those two girls are one of the only girls who i don't want anything to do with. I have seen them bully a few other people. It isn't very nice. And believe me, i've been bullied before, a lot, about every week. And i don't want it to happen again. They were the ones who kicked me out of the group because i was focusing more on my grades. They told me I was so boring and didn't belong with them. Right now I feel scared for some reason. So I close my book And start to get up to walk away. But Jamie is already next to me. "Not so fast" she says. She snatches my phone from my hand. I don't even know how. "Give it back!" I scream at her. "No way!" She says. She has her phone in my hand. "Hand it back now! It's mine!" She rolls her eyes. "Only after i see what's in it" She says. And smirks. I try to reach i but she swings the phone and takes two steps back. And laughs. Oh my god. Great. Now she'll see who i like. Niall. I don't even have a password on that thing. He's half of my photos and wallpaper. "No..." I say and it sounds like a whisper. 

_________________________________    

Claire's P. O. V.   

Omg!! I get it's fun annoying people and getting in their way. But if we're going to take someone's phone, why her's? Like, I doubt she even has anything useful in it! But i stared over Jamie's shoulder to see what she has on that phone anyway. When she powered in the phone...i was stunned. But not as much as Jamie. We exchanged looks and stared at Ava. Jamie unlocked the phone and went to the pictures app. Ava looked like she was gonna cry. 

_________________________________  

Jamie's P. O. V.   

Wow. She likes Niall. Niall James Horan. SHE likes Niall James Horan. "Wow" i say to her, "you really think you have a chance with him!?"  Ava doesn't reply. Claire stares at her, rolls her eyes, and looks back at the phone. "Give it back" Ava says, tears in her eyes. "Please". She tries to snatch it but misses. I hate Ava. I just do. Ever since Ninth grade, she's been ditching us because she "needs" to study...and I can't believe she has a crush on one of the most popular guys in school. "I'm gonna tell Niall", i say. "No! Please. Just give me my phone!" She wails. 

_________________________________    

Ava's P. O. V.   

I try to snatch my phone back again but she grips it tight. So do i. I pull it to the side and then to my side, but she wont let go. "Let go! What do you want with it!" i yell/ ask her angrily. She nudges me out of the way but i still grip the phone. She tries to see more. I realize she's on the notes app of my phone. Oh. No. I cover the screen with my hand and tug harder, but trying to not let it fall. She kicks my leg a pulls it to her side. "Stop!" I yell. Our "scene" has gathered some crowd consisting of bystanders and Cheerers who cheer us to keep fighting. "Leave it, or i break it!!!" She yells back. But i still pull it back. She pulls too. I pull harder. She punches me. She doesn't need to see anything else. "Why do you take pictures of him in school?" She yells again. "Give. It. Back!" i manage to say while pulling. We're almost punching each other with our elbows in the face right now. "He hates you! Stop liking him. I know you have a crush on him! He hates you i know for. A. Fact!" She yells so the crowd could hear as well. I step on her foot. She elbows me. "What is your problem!!?" I wail. "Like who?" A voice from the crowd calls out. "Who does she have a crush on?" "Yeah, who Do you like!!" More people. The phone finally falls down. The screen cracks. And the light goes off. I stare at it. There's silence for 5 seconds. I start to cry. 

_________________________________  

Claire's P. O. V.   

"Niall Horan", Jamie yells out to the crowd. I search around the crowd to see if Niall is in there as well. "That's who she likes..Ava", Jamie continues. "She's got pictures of him on her..." Jamie pauses. And then points at a blonde, Irish cutie, who just heard what was happening. Everyone stares at Niall and then at Ava. She picks up her broken phone and rushes her way out of the crowd, crying. Many people are staring at her. Some are looking at Niall. And some are staring at Jamie and me. She smirked. I stared at Niall. He looked so confused. He was staring in the direction Ava had disappeared. 

_________________________________