Chapter 29

Runningwish woke up startled when a cat proded her in the side. She looked up to see her sister standing over her.

"Why did you wake me up Goldensky?" She asked half asleep. The it clicked in her head.

"How did you get into the camp?!" Runningwish demanded. Goldensky shoved her long haired tail into Runningwish's mouth to keep her quiet.

"Shh! I can't get caught! I need to ask a favor. Meet me by the dirt place." She said, then left the den. Runningwish got up and carefully stepped over the sleeping cats and checked the clearing. It was empty.

She sprinted across and went to the dirt place and waited by the entrance.

The sun was starting to rise and Runningwish was getting anxious.

She pricked her ears when she saw her sister come in through the entrance. Runningwish ran over to her.

"How did you get past Barkfur?" She asked in amazement. Then she froze when she saw the small bundle in Goldensky's mouth. It was a small kit.

Goldensky very gently put the kit down and looked to her sister with desperation.

"Please take care of her. Tigertooth can never know. Please Runningwish, please take care of my kit." Goldensky pleaded. Runningwish looked between her sister and the gold kit. She hesitated but chose to help.

"Fine. You should go before the dawn patrol catches you." Goldensky nodded and was about to leave, but turned back and rubbed her cheek on her kits head.

"Thank you." Goldensky said. The sun glowed on her fur and she pelted out of the camp.