The paps

Lauren’s POV

“No you can’t do this. It was planned that I wouldn’t have to do anything publically till next year, I was supposed to be under the radar.” I said through the phone.

“I’m sorry Lauren but I have been informed that there are paparazzi swarming the area and they’re looking for you and the mysterious girl from the picture someone uploaded to twitter showing you guys holding hands. I need you to keep you and your girl on the downlow Lauren, I’m not asking you to break up but if you really want to stay under the radar, you need to not be seen together if not there will be a lot of talking and it’s the kind of publicity we need to help launch your next tour.”

“Ok, I got it Stephen, not be seen or go on tour.”

“I’m glad you understand Lauren, I’ll be calling you later this week to tell you the results and when the coast is clear. We also have to set up the days when you’re on break to come and record some samples for your next album.”

“Ok, see you.” I say before hanging up the phone and taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

“Lauren you ready?” Ally asked from the doorway.

“Yeah, just a sec.” I said putting on my combat boots to complete my outfit.

“Lauren are you ok? Who were you talking to on the phone?” Ally questioned as she sat next to me. I looked at her and she had a concerned expression on her face.

“My manager, he says I have to not be seen with Camila or I might have to leave and go on a tour.”

“What does dating Camila have anything to do with a tour?”

“Well theres a picture thats going around of Camila and I holding hands and there are a lot of paparazzi wanting to get the latest news. When the news gets out that I’m dating Camila, the media attention will be on me and he says it’ll be a perfect time to announce my upcoming single, that means I have to go straight to recording it plus an album to be released too soon after, and once the album is out I need to go on a headlining tour, which can either be a world tour or a U.S tour but most likely a world tour.”

“It’s not so bad of a thing, if you guys just don’t go out for a while. I’m sure things will quiet down and you won’t have to go on tour.”

“Yeah, but I’m sort of going to miss the date we had.”

“Well you can still have them in the safety of our home.”  

“It won’t be the same. Anyways lets hurry up and go to Camila’s house.”

“Lets go.” We head downstairs and open the door where we are instantly surrounded by flashing lights and people.

“Hey Lauren over here.”

“No Lauren here.”

“Hey Lauren is that your new girlfriend?” They all begin to shout.

“No its my sister get your fucking facts straight.” I yell back. We hop into the car and I slowly back up, trying not to hit any paparazzi on the way out.

“Well that was interesting.”  Ally says as we make our way to Camila’s.

“Yeah, well get used to it because that’s how it’ll be for a couple of days, while they try to find proof of me dating.” I inform her.

“So what’s the story going to be when she comes over to our place and they see her?”

“She’s your best friend.”

“I know Lauren, but what are you going to tell the paparazzi it’s not like she knows what shes going to say.”

“No Ally thats the story, shes going to visit you.”

“Is that believable?”

“Yes Ally, she is your best friend.”

“Well if that doesn’t work, we can always say she's an orphan we picked up.” I roll my eyes but I can tell she’s joking to ease the tension.

“So if she’s an orphan why does she have parents and a house?”

“She can move in. She already spends most of her time at our house anyways.

“As much as I like that idea, I think her parents would miss her.”

“True. Reminds me have you met her parents yet?”

“No, I’m meeting them on Wednesday when I go over for dinner to her house.”

“Are you nervous?”

“Yeah, I am.”

“You shouldn’t be. They’re going to love you.” Ally said.  

“Thanks.” I say. We arrived at Camila’s house, we got out of the car, when a black van come behind us. Out jump a bunch of paparazzi who began to bombard us with questions again.

“Lauren look over here.” One yelled.

“Whose house is this Lauren?” Asked another.

“Is this your girlfriends house?”

“Can you guys leave us alone?” Ally asked.

“Lauren why don’t you answer the questions?”

“Can you leave me alone, I don’t have a girlfriend.” I yell.

“Seriously?” I hear Camila say from the door of her house.

“No wait Camila.” I start but she shuts the door on my face.

“Damn it.” I say.

“Having some girlfriend trouble there Jauregui?” A pap says.

“Thats it.” I mumble.

Camila’s POV

“I don’t have a girlfriend.” Lauren yells.

“Seriously?” Is all I manage to say to Lauren before I close the door. I lean on it and the tears begin to flow. Why is she denying being with me? Is she embarrassed to be with me? Am I not good enough? I know I don’t look like the girls in the magazines but I didn’t think that would matter to Lauren. She

“Chancho are you ok?” I look up to see Dinah and Normani. I shook my head. They help me stand up and took me to my living room.

“Lauren told the paparazzi she didn’t have a girlfriend.” I say once I sit down on the couch.

“Aww Mila.” Dinah said hugging me.

“Camila, I know Lauren and she must have a reason to have denied your relationship. Lauren wouldn’t just hid it because its her choice, it’s usually her managers decision. She hates having to hide things especially from all her fans. If it were up to her she would be completely open. Maybe you should talk to her about it.” Normani explained.

“Yeah maybe I overreacted. I should call her.

“Camila, open the door.” I heard Ally yell.

“I’m coming.” I say. I run to the door and open it to see a worried Ally.

“Camila come with me.”

“I need to talk to Lauren though.”

“That’s why you need to come with me.” Ally insisted.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“Something happened with Lauren.”

________________________________________

What did Lauren do? I bet you can all guess because I'm sure she's going to be the first member to do this. I hope you enjoy the chapter. -S