Chapter 6

The men marched me into a small house and into a room with nothing but a bed. One of them threw me onto the floor. I tried to sit up, but he stepped onto my back. I groaned under the weight, and someone came next to me.

"You witch. How could you torture innocent people? You disgust me." He spat in my ear as I struggled for freedom.

"I am not a witch!" I retorted.

"Save it!" a voice said and dug my head into the ground.

I had an idea. I stopped struggling and went limp. The weight on me disappeared. I wanted to make a run for it, but was waiting for the right moment. I felt strong hands slide under my arms and knees and gently lift me up. I kept my eyes close and my head fell back. I was placed on the bed and I felt the person sit down next to me.

"Hey Smith! You watching her?" a deep voice called. "Yes." Said a soft voice. I heard the men's voices get farther and farther away. After 30 minutes it became clear that Smith wasn't going anywhere, though the other men had left to guard me. It was now or never.

I sprang up and ran to the door, leaving a confused Smith on the bed. I wrestled with the door, which was locked and heard foot steps behind me. Hands gripped my shoulders and spun me around. I found myself looking into familiar green eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. So comment, share, and vote!