Chapter 3

Author's Note:

Hey all, I want to let you know that halfway through this chapter, it will switch to Daniel's POV. Whenever I switch to him it'll mean that he is going to change something. Yes, that's right. Danny boy is going to go back it time and change the events that happened. It might be a little confusing, but I'll try my hardest to make it understandable. Thank you ^^

READ-VOTE-COMMENT It's all up to you

P.S. A chapter never starts off with Daniel's POV. I figure I tell you now for future reading :p

******************************************************************************************************************

There we stood my eyes full of shock as I stared at my uncle and him back at me. The last thing I wanted was for him to live in my home. After the incident that happened on my porch he should have been satisfied with me allowing him in.

"I can't allow that," I said, trying to compose myself. It wasn't as easy as I had believed it to be.

Jonah stared at me, but I wasn't very bothered by it. Unlike the way Daniel stared, my uncle was missing something vital. He was missing the clouded expression that would linger until he could get what he wanted. He also didn't remind me a little of my father.

As he stared me down, I felt the shock drain from my face, but did not move. As he walked closer to me, his shoes connecting with the floor in a dominating way, I did not move. Yes, I was afraid of the punishment I was sure to receive, but I stood my ground the same way my mother used to.

"I'll tell you again," He said, his voice thick with malice, "I believe that I should move in."

"And I'll say it again, Jonah,” I replied, my eyes staring at him in a way that I hoped showed I wasn't playing, "I can't allow that."

He stood a foot or two away from me and terror began to set inside my body. I watched him lift his hand up and then felt him slam it against my cheek. I cried in pain, my body fell against the floor. It stung and I wondered if he had a ring on his finger when he dealt the blow.

"What did you say, Amberlynn?" He asked. I could feel his eyes stripping away my very soul as I pushed myself up from the floor with one hand, my other holding my bruised cheek.

When I was finally standing, I sniffled and looked him straight in the eye, "I can't allow you to live in my home."

Once those words left my mouth a third time, I felt my body tense up as I waited for the next slap. With my eyes shut so tight that I could have ripped my eye lids, I felt...Nothing?

I opened one eye and looked at my uncle. His face was pale and he wasn't looking at me, but at the space beside me. With his hand in mid swing, I opened my other eye and looked to my left where Daniel was standing. His eyes were clouded and his face was set in a hard expression. Part of me was terrified as I watched him tighten his grasp on Jonah's wrist.

"First, you have me wake up early, then you lie to me, and now I have protect you from...Who is this guy anyway?"

I listened to Daniel and involuntarily smiled a little.

"He's my Uncle Jonah."

I watched him nod his head slowly and loosen his grip on my uncle's wrist. It wasn't a voluntary move and I knew deep down that Daniel would have gladly broken his wrist. What I didn't know was why. The former bean was right. He was born a day early and I had lied to him several times since then.

"Is it a custom to hit women, Mr. Jonah?" He asked, no longer caring about how much he was doing for me.

"It's punishment!" He spat.