Chapter 18- Jk's everyone

Anna’s POV

“Oh no” I said when I hung up the phone “oh no no no”

“What?” Matt asked “Anna, what’s wrong?”

I pressed the palms of my hands into my eyes. Why was my life such a soap opera?

“Anna?” Matt said again, this time forcing me to answer

“Bretts at the house” I exclaimed “He knows, he knows okay?”

“How much does he know?” Matt asked, his voice as calm as could be

“Well probably everything” I said “We ran off together without telling anyone, we disappeared for the night and now we are coming home a little closer then we left”

“Not to mention you got some serious sex hair happening” Matt teased, reaching over and ruffling up my hair. I swatted his hand away

“Stop it” I snapped “This is not funny”

“Of course it’s not funny” Matt replied “But it was going to happen anyway. It’s just happening sooner than you would have liked”

I sunk into my seat, crossing my arms over my chest. I so did not want to do this today.

When we pulled onto the road leading to the house the sun was high in the sky and everything was pleasant. Inside the car things weren’t so much that way; my mood had deteriorated from the blissful one I woke up with this morning to one that was rather bitchy. The only thing that kept me from snapping completely was that Matt had reached over and laced our fingers together, giving me a constant reminder of last night.

When we pulled into the drive way though, the last remnants of my good mood were washed away. Matt’s hand tightened on mine and looking over at him I saw a grim determined look on his face. It wasn’t hard to figure out why. Ben was standing on the driveway, arms crossed over his chest and there was a murderous expression on his face as the car came to a stop.

“It will be alright Anna” Matt said, still keeping his eyes on Ben “Just trust me”

We got out of the car then, Matt wouldn’t let me walk in front of him. He kept me at least one pace behind him as we approached Ben. Peaking over Matt’s shoulder I could see that this situation was not about to get any better.

“Where have you been?” Ben demanded, trying to get a good look at me from over Matt’s shoulder. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he already knew what had happened, even if no one told him. He took a step forward and Matt completely blocked him from me.

“Back off Ben” He growled, sounding more menacing then I had ever heard him

“No you back off” Ben snapped “Let me talk to my girlfriend”

“Ben” I said from behind Matt “I’m sorry”

“What the hell is going on Anna?” Ben demanded “Where have you been?”

“Ben” I tried to say calmly “Calm down”

“NO!” Ben yelled “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?”

“She was with me” Matt raised his voice “So back off”

“No you back off” Ben shoved Matt backwards, causing him to nock into me. I knew the instant that he did that that this situation was going to get ugly. Sure enough, Matt launched himself at Ben, tackling him to the ground. I screamed. Both men were grappling on the ground, both getting punches in on each other’s faces.

“Stop it” I exclaimed “Guys stop it”

But neither of them listened. I continued screaming until the front door opened up and Devin and Tim came running out. The look of shock on their faces would have been comical if the situation at hand hadn’t been so upsetting. When they saw Matt and Ben fighting they jumped in, ripping them apart. Ben had a cut above his eyes and possibly a black eye to match, but it looked like Matt had taken the brunt of the punches. His face was relatively bloody and already bruised. Ben looked murderous.