Twenty Questions (Ricky)

Since I had put my iPhone away, Zeke had kindly ordered me a drink (and correctly at that), we had played a couple games of cards, moved a bit closer so that the arm rest was up and had played 20 Questions.

I really did think that this was going to be the longest plane ride ever considering I was traveling from San Diego to Boston to visit my cousin. I also thought that I would end up sleeping the whole way there and dreaming about my summer: the summer job my cousin had set for me, and . . . well that was pretty much it. Besides my cousin, I didn’t really know anyone in Boston. So to work it was. Now, I thought about what Zeke and my future will be like in between questions and answers: will we leave the airport with a print of one another but never meet again or will we take our sudden spark to another level? I really hoped it was the second option.

“Favorite Movie?” I said and pointed my hands at him like a gun and closed one of my eyes like I was aiming.

“Transformers.” He smirked at that. “First job?”

I tried to think of my first job. I had so many, at department stores, boutiques, even at Sport Chalet. “Ummmmmm . . . 15 at, why are you looking at me like that?” I said as I tucked my light brown hair behind my ear. He was laughing under his breath.

“That’s an interesting name for a store.” He looked down. “No, no it’s just that you scrunch up your nose when you’re really thinking about something.” I must have had a confused look on my face when he said this because he began to laugh out loud instead of under his breath. Zeke set his face to a gentle grin and then reached out to stroke a piece of hair that had fallen out of place. That’s when a tall, blonde guy came up to us. And I couldn’t help but notice Zeke looking next to furious.

“Duuuude this has been the longest plane ride ever. How long ‘till we land?” Said the new stranger. His blonde hair flopped over his eyes like Zeke’s but besides that, they looked completely different. He was a rocker by the looks of it; he had an ACDC t-shirt on, gray jeans and drum sticks sticking out of his pocket while Zeke had a light, purple sweater and black jeans.

“Not now Tanner.”

“Why what’s the- oh I see.” He said looking down at me like he hadn’t seen me before. Then he cupped his hand around his mouth, either to yell or whisper. Tanner was trying to embarrass Zeke. “She’s cute. What’s her name?” Tanner had decided to set a whispering tone but really loudly.

“First of all: She’s Ricky. Second of all: Dibs. Third of all: Go back to your seat.” Zeke said. He pleaded on his last point but I didn’t really get that far. He had called dibs. He had tried to kiss me (or at least I thought). Zeke genuinely liked me. I began to think of a smart and smile jerking remark.

“Ricky is right here. Are you going to introduce me?” I said and looked toward Zeke. He let out a sigh of relief. He must have thought I would be mad at him for his intruding friend.

“Ricky. Tanner. Tanner. Ricky. Tanner is my band mate and Ricky is my seat buddy.”

I chuckled at that.

“Maybe more?” Zeke asked, ending his sentence with his voice going up. I could tell he had nearly forgotten about Tanner still standing there in the aisle.

“I met you two hours ago.” I said glancing down and playing with my hands, twiddling my thumbs. “I barley know you and you’ve already called dibs. Zeke Born what are you up to!?”

“I want to know everything about you.” Zeke said subtly while taking my hands into his. They felt the same as before but with sweat that only nervousness could bring.

I was going to smile but instead let out a large yawn. I cuddled up to Zeke’s shoulder and closed my eyes. After a few moments of hesitation, I felt him shift so that his arm was around me.

“Well I feel like I stayed a minute too long. Catch ya later.” Tanner said and left to go back to his seat. I almost hadn’t noticed he was still there because it just felt so right there in that moment. It felt so right being there that I feel asleep leaning on him, his heart racing almost faster than mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, I officially have two readers on this book. Thank you so much! I would just like to say that this is one of my favorite of my story and I hope more people will read. Please comment and vote if you liked it! 

-CrazedWriter a.k.a Marceline the Vampire