Chapter 1: Blaze

After a careful evaluation of the premise, I make my way to the back entrance

After a careful evaluation of the premise, I make my way to the back entrance. My mission was simple, observe and report. I usually have to go through files and computer data to get everything I needed. I have my own way of doing things. The other agents told me it was best to follow protocol, but I wasn't one to be swayed. 

The walls inside the building are yellow. An indication that drugs had been used multiple times. It was no surprise, as the man wanted by the TSO was dangerous. As are most of the people I'm sent to get information on. Each person is more dangerous as I get to higher levels of training. 

The air is cold and the stench strong. Footsteps echo down the hall. I quickly slip into the nearest door, shutting it silently behind me. After the sound of shoes against concrete fades, I glance around the room. There's a light coming from across the room. As my eyes adjust to the dim lighting, I realize it's a computer. Just the thing to hack information out of. 

I turn on the computer and begin hacking. Multiple files were encrypted. Fortunately, whoever did the encryptions was an amateur. It takes me less than three minutes to have all of the files decrypted and ready for download. After transferring them onto an untraceable USB drive, I take it upon myself to look through the file cabinet to find and papers that could be of use. When I finish I make sure everything is how I found it. As I turn towards the door it begins to creak open. I press myself against the wall next to the door. As the person steps inside I quickly slip behind him, just before he closes the door. I make sure they are going to stay inside the room before making my way out the back door. I take one look back at the building before disappearing into the night.

                                                                  ***************************

I walk through the halls of the agency, carefully analyzing my surroundings. I had been instructed to take the USB straight to the head. Adult and teenage agents alike littered the halls. Many teenagers were coming from or going to training. While the adults were completing or receiving a mission. I'm one of the few TA's (teen agents) that are given solo missions. However, I only do recons; a downside of being the youngest agent in the agency. 

I walk towards the double doors; not bothering to knock before shoving them open. I walk into the room and set the file on his desk. The head looks at me with a questioning gaze. "The mission was a success," I state.

"Well done. I'm sure I will be pleased with the information you were able to obtain."

"Of course, Uncle."