Fog Zone

Peeta's chest rises as he finally takes a breath. Relief floods through my body, I instantly crash my lips onto his without a second thought. He is alive. I pull away from the kiss reluctantly, looking back at Finnick and Mags. They didn't seem to notice, or didn't mind. I help Peeta sit up and nod to Finnick as a thank you. I know he saved Peeta's life, but there is still a part of me that doesn't trust him.  Peeta stands up and gets his balance. We wait while he steadies himself before we prepare to move again. Peeta lets us know when he is ready and Finnick helps Mags onto his back, following us into the jungle more. 

Peeta finds a spot he thinks will be good for the night and  sets up what little supplies we have. Finnick lets Mags off his back and helps her to get comfortable. She falls asleep quickly and I can't help but feel even more anger toward the capitol for putting someone else so innocent and defenseless into the arena, knowing she will probably end up dying soon, even if she wasn't in their games, just for their entertainment. She deserves to be tucked safely into her bed inside of her house that the capitol provided when she won the games, not inside of the arena sleeping on the ground and being carted around on Finnick's back until she passes.  I watch him closely, never completely turning my back to him, any minute he could be shoving his trident through my body, or Peeta's. He walks to a nearby tree and sits down against it, leaving Peeta and I alone for a moment. He takes a seat beside me and pulls me carefully against him. 

"Hey Kat," he kisses the back of my neck slowly and tenderly.

"Peeta," I take a deep breath, "Not now."

"I know," he wraps his arms tighter around me and I turn myself to face him.

"I love you."

"I love you too," he smirks as his lips press gently to mine, passionately in a way only he can kiss me. I kissed him back, as his hands find their way to my hips and up my sides, pulling me onto his lap and closer against him. I wrap my arms around his neck and run my fingers through his hair. I shouldn't give him the wrong impression, not with Finnick and Mags around and not in front of the camera's. 

"Katniss," he whispers against my lips. I pull back a little and looked at him, "Never mind."

"What is it Peeta," I look into his eyes, they are filled with want, the same want that I'd seen the night on the train, the first time that we slept together. I know what he is going to say, "I'm sorry Peeta." I burry my face in his neck as I hear someone clear their throat behind us. I turn and see Finnick watching us.

"If you're not going to sleep, I am," he says before walking back to Mags and laying down close to her.  I sigh and lean back against Peeta.

"You want me to take the first watch," he whispers into my ear.

"No. I'm fine. You sleep."

"Katniss," he looks around us and see's that both of our allies are now asleep, "If we found a place without camera's..."

"Yes," I know what he was going to say, without a doubt, if there were no camera's I would sleep with him. But there are camera's everywhere in this arena and there are some things I would prefer not to be blown up on screen for ours families to see. For Gale to see.

"I just wish there was somewhere without one," he mummers under his breath.

"Two weeks Peeta, that's all you have to wait. Two weeks and we will be out of here and we can be with each other every night until we have our baby."

"No, Katniss. One of us, I, will be dead by then. Don't bother fighting me on this. I won't let you die, meaning I will die."

"Don't say that," even though the part about one of us dying was true, there was no way I would let that be him, "On second thought, I am sort of tired. I'll take over at midnight."