Chapter 21

Wiping my tears away, I stood up and stomped over to my Uncle.

"You lied to me," I sobbed. "Why didn't you tell me that Spencer was in there? Huh? And where the hell is Abigail?" I shouted enraged. "WHERE?"

Maggie walked in front of me. "Don't shout at him, Amber."

My eyes narrowed and I grabbed onto my bloody blonde hair in distress. "Then tell me Maggie, what the hell am I suppose to do? Spencer is freaking dead. I thought he died soundlessly not that he turned into a freaking walker! Why didn't you guys kill him before he turned? He was probably in horrible agony!" I cried remembering Jim. "I'm ballistic right now and I want some fucking answers!" I turned back to my Uncle. "Now, where is she?"

Uncle Hershel was quiet for a moment before he sighed. "...I don't know Darlin'. After we locked up Spencer and the rest, she ran off into the woods. We searched for weeks and never found her." My heart halted and I suddenly felt lightheaded.

"You mean to tell me, she's out there all by herself!"

He sighed. "It's been weeks. The probability of that is very slim. You saw what happened to Sophia."

My eyes narrowed. "Don't say that! She might still be alive."

His eyes softened and they held a striking emotion. Pity. He pitied me. "Oh child, don't get your hopes up," he sniffled and stared at his deceased wife's body. "I know I did."

I shook my head in disgust and stalked away. How could they not tell me? I could have- I would have- What? You would have, could have what? You're a coward Amber! You would have died before finding her. I shook my head and bit back tears. That's not true. I would have atleast tried. Just like you tried to find Sophia? You stayed inside all day while Daryl did all the dirty work. My eyes casted down as I made it to my room and shut the door. Damn it! She was right !

I decided to ignore the days event, instead I took a shower. I was very good at blocking off my emotions so I did just that. I didn't feel like paintng my nails but I did brush my hair and put it up into a high ponytail. I then sighed as I sat by the window and looked outside. The gang was digging holes for the bodies. I sadly gulped when I noticed Daryl come out of the RV. He was comforting Carol, but not me his girlfriend.

I suddenly felt angry. I wasn't stupid. I saw the way Carol looked at Daryl, maybe not romantically but there was definitely a spark somewhere in there. I keep telling myself that it's just because he tried looking for Sophia but I'm not stupid, she likes him. My anger surged. What if he likes her? We had established that I'd never cheat but what about Daryl? He was strong, capable and a freaking certified zombie killer. And Carol was good at cleaning, cooking, skinning and doing laundry while I was just here. I was useless and pregnant, nobody would want me. They don't even care enough to tell me things. I scoffed. Well I'll show them! I'll ignore them!

"Wow! Way to show 'em!"

I looked up to mentally glared at her when suddenly I choked on my own spit. Standing before me was a punk version of myself, so to speak. Her blonde hair curly and unruly, her makeup black and mysterious, her clothes dark and dangerous. My eyes widened at the evil in front of me but oddly enough I wasn't scared.

"Brittany?"

She smirked and winked plafuly. "The one and only babe."

Holy shit! I'm becoming my dad.

"Yeah you are."

Holy shit! She can hear my thoughts!

Brittany chuckled. "Of course I can, I am you. The only difference now is that I am out here instead of in there," she pointed at her head. "The lost of your brother has really weakened your mind, hence I was able to manifest myself into a visual personification. Neat huh?"