16. Crooked

I was torn between a cute Jimin gif and this, I can't even describe it wth

It's the usual small talk around the table. I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable or dry, it's an everyday thing. He asks me about my day, I ask him about this. The only difference is that I tell him everything, while he does the opposite.

  Well, truth be told,  I used to tell him everything, but that has changed now. It's not that I don't want to tell him, it's that I don't know what to tell him.

Would he believe me?

Or would he see me as a crazy person?

"How was your day?" He takes a bite of his steak, while I look away.

"It was okay."

It wasn't okay. In fact it was everything, but okay. I don't know what to call it.

"Did you learn anything new about your patient?"

His question irritates me. Does he think I can learn something new about him all the time? Doesn't he know that Jimin isn't a puzzle. Day by day I'm starting to doubt myself more and more; I might not be the one he needs. He needs professional help.

Or do I?

Shivering goes down my spine. What did I just hear? The voice was is awfully known.

Jimin? Are you back?

When was I ever gone?

This has become a typical Jimin thing to say now.

Trying to still focus on Yoongi, I answer without rethinking my choice of words: "The asylum isn't a school. Jimin is not a book I can read."

Based on Yoongi's change of facial expression, I notice how irritated he is. Yet he tries to be the bigger person. "Why are you so mad?"

"I'm not."

I'm not mad.

Why would you be mad?

Yoongi thinks so.

Oh, the guy who's obsessed with me?

I guess that's him.

Tell him I said hi.

I roll my eyes. How can he kid about this now, when I was clearly asking him about what happened today without him bothering to answer me? What kind of a friend is he?

Friend? Are we friends?

How did you hear that?

I've already told you; every message you want me to hear, I will hear. No matter the distance.

Now the question is why you wanted me to hear it?

He is getting to my head... literally. Now, why did I want him to hear that thought?

His voice in my head doesn't sound like he's missing energy. Compared to how he has been speaking several days earlier, he sounds like the healthiest he has been in a long time.

That makes me happy. Not because I am his psychologist, but also because of that he finally can see better days.

Oh, how I wish for him to have, at least, one fun day.

Didn't you hear the first part?

Don't change the subject now. Do you consider me a friend?

No?

I'll take that as a yes. Isn't that against your policy?

Saved by the bell. Isn't that what it's called? This time Yoongi's voice is the bell.