p r o l o g u e

Hi guys! First, I want to say a big thanks to @crazycherries for the wonderful cover! Also this story will be my number one priority! So I hope you enjoy! Also, please please check out the trailer I made on the side. It took me a long time and it would mean a lot! Thanks! x

---

Violet knelt down in front of the small girl tugging her vibrant pink jacket tightly around her and situating the hood around her blonde pigtails. She smiled brightly and kissed the girl's head as she rubbed her arms, warming the small girl's body.

Violet held a wide smile on her face with the vibrant touch of red lipstick, making her look older than her actual age of only 19. Her dark brown hair that flowed down her back in a waterfall of curls gradually got lighter until it matched the young girl's blonde hair at the ends, making Violet and April's resemblance even stronger. 

Violet stood up slowly and grabbed the tiny girls hand in her own bigger one and guiding her through the harsh winters of the London streets. The young girl waddled, trying to keep up with her mum who was trying to keep moving as fast as possible against the current until they arrived at their destination. Both the girl's hair was whipped back, Violets occasionally getting stuck to her lipstick as they walked.

April was Violet's 3 year old young daughter, and the center of her universe. She had Violet when she was only at the young age of 16, and she had gone through her torment of hate and resentment by her peers and even her own parents. They had kicked her out and she was forced to live on her own, be on her own, and support herself and her young daughter. Violet had decided to not tell the father about her newly found pregnancy for personal issues and reasons, she couldn't mess up his life, along with hers. Violet had to make a new and moved to a new, different part of London, a town as far from her parents and old boyfriend as possible. It was a small, quaint town, with only one of everything where everyone mostly knew everyone. The population only consisted of 3,000 and it was a small place, the streets were narrow, and all the buildings having a vintage look and feel to them. Violet and her boyfriend had broken it off before Violet even found out she was pregnant because he went to pursue his dreams, and become someone, someone big so you could say it wasn't that hard to keep it from him once he did become that someone big.

"April, hold on to mummy." She said as the mother and daughter crossed the busy streets of London, cars of every color speeding down the roads. Violet had been doing well ever since she left Cheshire. She found herself a job almost immediately and had enrolled April in daycare as soon as she could so she could be at work more often and support her daughter. It was hard for Violet, being away from April for even a day because of how much she meant to her, she was all she had. For the first year or so, the duo had to live cheap. When April was first born, Violet had been working for almost 9 months and had saved just enough money to take care of her young infant. It was hard, sure. They barely made it by, but three years later, they were running strong and frankly, better than ever. 

Violet scooped up the small girl in her arms and held her on her hip as she walked into the small daycare center, smiling at April's caretaker. The daycare was painted different colors, one wall being yellow, the other was green, and the other walls were all covered in white and bright blue paint, the whole place a cheerful and colorful environment for the children. Flowers and bees hung from the wall of the daycare, a project that the children had done during the short 'school day'. Violet contently smiled at the warm environment, knowing she was happy with everything she had worked so hard to provide April, her pride and joy with.

"Sorry we're late!" She rushed, handing April off to Karen, the young, thirty or so woman who worked at the daycare. She just gave Violet a small laugh and told her not to worry, her voice soft and warm despite the weather outside as she set April down for Violet to kneel in front of her.

"Ok, now be good for mummy and have a good day at school. I'll be back in just a little a bit to pick you up. Now give me a kiss." Violet said, the small girl kissing her quickly. Violet smiled and kissed her forehead again before the small girl spoke up.

"You pwmise mummy?" She asked, her small voice soft and pure, completely unaware of all the damage the world can do to her once she gets older. Violets eyes softened and she nodded as she wrapped her pinkie around the one her daughter had held out for her. April had always said small things like that that got to her. She knew she said those things because the absence of a father figure in her life. Violet had never talked much about him to her young daughter, and only she knew why. She didn't want to hurt her daughter, but she knew keeping it a secret would only hurt her more in the long run.