March Of The Dead

Run.

Run before it catches you. It's fast, so you'll have to run quick.

Running is the only way your going to get out alive. There is no other possible answer. No one will stop for you; not even a family member. They're running for their lives! You need to find your own place.

It all started when Gravedigger - Seb Hash - had announced on the news, that the dead were walking. He looked pretty shaken up. Shortly after, he was arrested, for admitting the crime of Grave digging.

"It's happening again, Steve!" My mum looked sickly pale as she clung on to my farther. "It's happening all over again!"

Dad look down at her bitterly, "We need to move! Move away from here, get your things, Ebony - " he looked at me with sorrowful eyes, "Suki's going to have to stay here." He looked down at the cat on my lap. I stared at him, whirling my arms around my cat, I stood up.

"She's not going, I'm not going." I stomped my foot.

"You don't understand!" my mum spread her hands out. "We need to leave, Ebony! Steve, come on!" She pushed him into the kitchen. I stared at the cat in my arms.

What was happening?

"JAMIE!" My mum called up the stairs to my brother. "JAMIE!" She called again.

"I'll get him." I said, and made my way to the stairs. Walking up, I whispered his name, "Jamie.."

I found him. He made me jump. He was kneeling down on the landing, shaking his head. "Jamie?"

"It's happening again, Ebony...again...again...." his head was shaking.

"Come on! Lets get you down to mum!" I tugged at his arm but he yanked back. "Jamie!" I complained.

"Leave me.." he trembled. My nineteen year old brother, trembling at the hands of me, something wasn't right. Something was horribly wrong.

I put the cat to one side and ran down stairs. "Mum! Jamie..he's..." I was out of breath.

"Easy.." My dad put a hand on my shoulder.

"Jamie's not right, he keeps..shaking..." Dad looked back at my mum, she gave him a warnful look.

"I'll sort him out," dad looked pained, but made his way upstairs.

What was happening?

"Suki!" I called out to my cat, I reached for the box next to the kitchen door. "Suki!" I called a little louder. I was greeted with a 'Meow' and Suki's head popped round the door. "Stay here, girl," I picked her up and put her next to me.

Grabbing some paper from dad's office, I began to tare up little shreds, and placing them itno the box. From the garden, I took the rabbit's water and sellotaped it to the box. I placed a small bowl to the side of the box, and filled it with little pellets for cat food. I topped the water drinker up, and placed Suki in the box. "Your coming with us, Suki, no matter what."