Chapter Three

My left ear had a scar that ran from the peak of it to the back of my neck. My other ear had a cut in the earlobe, and was still bleeding. A cut that must have been two inches long, when from the inside corner of my left eye and over the bridge of my nose. There was tiny cuts and scabs everywhere. A bruise stained both of my cheeks... and then I saw my eyes.

Alexander and Monica had always made me wear contacts that made my eyes appear to be dark brown, because of my abnormally strange eyes. WHen I was thrown into this prison, Monica had taken them from me. But now I saw my true eyes. The color frightened me at first.

My eyes gleamed a beautiful amethyst.

Through all the pain, terror, and hurt I saw in my eyes, I saw something flicker in the back, behind all of it. It was hope. The hope I still had left of escaping one day, the hope of being fre, and the hope of feeling alive again. The hope that my parents were still alive.

And then... I saw my hair. Oh, I had remember what my hair had looked like. Bright, bright scarlet, with natural, dark orange highlights somewhere in there. It was strange. I would not allow Alexander and Monica to change my hair color for school. Though they made me straighten it, and keep it perfectly straight. My hair had always been a bit frizzy. My hair looked like fire. A burning fire in the darkness.

But at that moment in time... it was awful. Knotty and all over the place, with grime and blood in it. It truly disgusted me; all of me disgusted me. I put my face in my hands.

Alexender chuckled. "Well, now you've seen your hideous face. You've realized no one cares for you. No one wants you." The drunken man was sneering at me, and enjoying himself while he was mkaing fun of me. My anger started building up. I looked back into the mirroe. I was surprised he could not see my increasing rage in my eyes. My beautiful, fuming, amethyst eyes. "Not get in the corner, you horrifynig rat. That's where you belong, dammit."

That did it.

i reached out and punched the mirror with everything I had, and it proceeded to shatter into a million pieces. It startled Alexander greatly, and he dropped the empty mirror from among the glass splinters. I got up and turned aronud him, and started walking forward, so that I was backing him into the toom. He looked anxious---and deathly afraid.

"Now, Philosophy, I---"

"Shut up, Alexander. Just shut your mouth!" Both of us were surprised by the increasing strength in my voice. Without thinking, I punched his head right into the wall; he slithered to the ground, unconcious. The superiority of my fist and the wall knocked him clean out.

i was greatly surprised by my new fonud power. I felt liquid fire weave through my veins. I felt like nothing could stop me. So I decided to finally get out of the damn room. I'd clean up, and leave.