The Collins household

Chapter 1

Addie's POV.

"Bye Addie, we love you, don't ever forget that." my mama said

"Bye Addie-bug I love you. I believe in you always follow your heart, and never give up." my dad said when he kissed my head.

Those were the last things I ever herd my parents say. They left me that night. I stood there in the hospital crying my eyes for hours, my parents were gone, thanks to a stupid drunk driver. He took my parents, he took my life, things would never be the same, never.

**two weeks later**

"Alright Addie, your all set!" Bethany Collins, my mamas old college friend said cheerfully as possible, given my parents recent death.

She had just loaded all my things into her big black SUV. Ya see my mothers dyeing wish was for me to go live with Bethany and the Collins family. So that's what I'm doing I moving miles away from my cozy little town of Pickens, South Carolina, to move to Texas.

I climbed into the SUV and looked back at my house one more time. The house was payed for so for now it was going to stay there untouched so when I wanted to come back I could. It looks so lonely. Everything was out of the front yard, no lights were on, it was just plain. I hated it that way.

"I'm going to miss it here" I said as silent tears escaped my eyes. I really am, I'm leaving my house, my parents graves, there memories, my friends, everything behind just because some drunk driver decided to be an idiot.

"I know dear, it will get worse before it gets better." she paused "but it will get better Hun I promise, your parents would be proud of you being so strong and all" she sighed.

I put my head up against the window. The trees passing by, the lake, all my memories going by. Then I passed Amber's house. She was my best friend. We met during softball camp three years ago. Now we're inseparable. I hated not telling any of my friends what happened. None of them knew about the death, the move, nothing. I went to dance and softball camps all summer long and didn't see anyone. They haven't seen me since the last day of tenth grade, and boy have I changed.

My brown hair was half way down my back, with natural highlights from being in the sun so much. I have a really nice tan from the sun to. I have worked hard from my body and am proud of it. From softball and dancing and my other sports I was toned. I have lost weight since they lost seen me. I was still the short girl though, but it gave me a reason to wear heels, so I'm okay with it. Now I wear contacts instead of glasses and my acne was all gone. I have to say I look hot and I love the new me. I still had the same personality just stronger. I'm still crazy and out of my mind sometimes but I'm a sweet down home southern girl. That's why everyone loved me.

I sighed and read the sign, 'Now leaving South Carolina, y'all come back now!' as more silent tears came out. Then I let sleep over come me.

**Addie's dream**

"Mama, daddy, look what I found its a puppy." little me said jumping up and down. holding the little golden retriever puppy I'm my arms. "Jake gave him to me can I keep him please!! its from jay!" I screeched.

My parents sighed. "well if it's from jay I guess so but you have to take care of it dear." my daddy said looking down at me and smiling.

"I'm gonna name him Chester!" I exclaimed.

**ending of dream**

I woke up and remembering my dream about Chester. I sighed I missed him so much. He was my fist puppy. My best friend Jake, at the time, gave him to me as a present. I took him home and he was the best pet over. Then one day I came home and my mama had tears rolling down her face.

"baby we need to talk" she had said sniffling.

That night she told me Chester had died.

"He just got old" she had told me.

After that me and jay stopped hanging out he found new better looking people. He had nothing to do with me anymore. Then during freshman year he moved, without even saying a word to me. I miss him to even after what he did he was still my friend and I loved him. Then again he was my brothers best friend to. And he choose him over me.......stupid brother putting people threw Paine. I hope I never see him again.

"dear are you okay" Beth asked me worry present in her tone.

"yes ma'am just thanking." I replied.

I leaned back up against the window And drifted back off to sleep. This time dreaming about jay, Chester, my parents, and my friends. I knew when I arrived in Texas I had to call Amber. I had to tell her what was going on and I knew she would flip on me.

I woke up again and took my phone out. I texted Amber telling her to text me when she had time. Within a minute I had a response. I told her I'd call her later and that she needed to answer when I did. She said Kay. Then I drifted back into sleep once more.