Chapter 2: Late

I was freaking out. I missed it. I missed my period. It had only been 3 days since I had sex with cole. I sat in my room and cried. There was only one person I could possibly call. My "big brother" Calen. "hey Calen I need a huge favor" I said through sobs. "what's up kathy? What do you need" he replied concerned. "I well.. Well. Me and cole had sex and we had a condom and he didn't even finish but my period didnt come and I don't know what to do" I blubbered without taking a breath. "shit" was all he could manage to get out. "could you get me a test tomorrow?" "of course little sis. See you tomorrow." And with that I was able to fall asleep.

************************************

The next day.

The last bell rang finally so me Calen, and my best friend in the whole world, my unbiological sister, Regan all walked down to the Walgreens after school. We hurried and bought the test and went back to the school to take it. Calen waited in the hall way as regan and I went into the restroom to take the test. "what are you gonna do if it's positive?" Regan asked timidly. " I...I just don't know" "that's ok, you have time." regan replied. I went into the stall and peed on that stupid little stick. After the 3 minutes were up the test seemed to be positive, but it wasn't to clear. "regan what would you say the result is?" "Kathy I'm really not sure. You should take the other test when you get home." yea I guess your right.

************************************

That evening

I decided to opt for the more accurate test by taking a digital. There is no way that could be wrong right? I drank 3 glasses of water and then took the test. My parents and little brother weren't home so I had the house to myself. I paced around the bathroom waiting. That 5 minutes felt like an eternal hell. When the timer went off I looked down at the tiny results window. PREGNANT. I threw the test at a wall and slipped down to the floor crying. I'm not so sure how long I was sitting on the floor crying. But all I knew is my whole life was about to change.