Through Love, True Love - Chapter 1

It was 2 o'clock in the morning. Milo was still working on a story that he needed to pass tomorrow to his English teacher. Darn it, where did my inspiration go? He continued typing out words, and after finishing one more paragraph, he thought it was good to go. He printed it out using the printer next to him given by his grandfather from the States, and he slid it inside an envelope and put it in his bag for later. Now, time to go to sleep. He rushed to his room, turned off the lights, closed the door, and slept on his bed, waiting for the morning sun.

Delightful Day; - - - - - - - - - - - -

Milo Hayes, a 15-year old senior student in St. Mary's College in Quezon City, rushed to ride a jeepney as he was going to be a bit late if he doesn't ride already. Fortunately, an empty jeepney heading for his destination quickly stopped in front of him and he rode on it safely to his school.

"Bayad po."

"Where are you going to go?"

"To Saint Mary's, just stop near the corner of it."

The jeepney was fast, avoiding obstacles that might slow it down. After a few more minutes the jeepney came into a halt, and Milo went down to the outside and crossed the road to the other side, where his school is. He could hear the first bell. This made him walk faster, and as he went into the gates and had an inspection of the bags and the pockets, he ran towards the stairs and entered his classroom, which was on the second floor and the one at the end of the hallway. He took out his jacket from his bag, since they were in an air-conditioned room, and then as he was going to go to his locker outside the classroom, he bumped into someone, a girl to be exact. The girl fell down to the floor, and seeing this was his fault, he helped the girl up.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't see where I was going."

"Nah, it's okay. I'm pretty used to being hit anyway." The girl looked beautiful, Milo thought, and then he asked her, "What's your name?"

"I'm Roxanna Hathaway. You?"

"M-Milo Hayes. Nice to meet you." His hand was a bit shaking, but he just shook her hand and then looked around.

"I-Is this your classroom?" he asked, pointing to the one he just went out, he kept hoping that they were going to be classmates.

"No, my classroom's next door. I just went here to see the view from the balcony just a little near to your classroom."

Yeah, the view there is beautiful, he thought, and then quickly remembered, "Oh gosh, I forgot! I-I was going to get books, so... S-See you later?" he asked Roxanna.

She smiled at him and simply nodded. "Meet me at the balcony, okay?" she said and ran towards the classroom next door. "First period's gonna start soon, and I don't want to be late! See you!"

After hearing her final words, he quickly took his first and second period books and went inside.

Today, I think, is gonna be a delightful day.