Prologue

Prologue

~Justin's p.o.v~

Sigh. Another voice mail from my mother. I pressed play messages, lets see what's what wrong with my life now, 'Justin, sweetie, you haven't been answering my calls. Oh well how are you, have you found a job yet, Justin that expensive cooking school you convinced me and your father to pay for cost a fortune. You said you would get a job wit..' I cut of the message not being able to take anymore, my parents had payed me to go to that great cooking school for four year, and yes it wasn't cheap. I told them that because its such a great school I wouldn't have any troubles getting a really well paying job and that I would pay them back all there money, but it's been a year since I graduated and I still haven't found a job. I know I should answer there calls and talk to them, but I don't want to hear the disappointment in there voice, and hear them say I told you so. Plus they said if I failed I'd have to move back in with them and work in the family business, that's not my dream and I really want to make them proud that I can accomplish something on my own.

Sigh. There's no point in sitting around waiting for a job opportunity, I gotta go chase after my own dream. I make my way to my MacBook that had been just left on my bed from last nights search, I hopped on it and googled full time cooking jobs, nothing really actually came up, just a couple of jobs I already tried to get but was rejected, it was a blow to my confidence in finding a job but I have to go on. Then I tried part time/casual cooking jobs I have done this many times, look for hours but not find anything and I don't know why I feel today would be any different, nothing came up in my search and I just shut my laptop not caring anymore. I know I don't want to go back to my home town but right now it seems to be my only choice. I lay back on my bed, still tired from last nights exhausting search, I close my eyes and let myself slowly fall deep into sleep.

Ring ring. Ring ring. My phone ringing had woken me from my dream, it was a nice dream, I had my dream job as a really well known chief that was paid really well, it was perfect. I look at the caller ID on my phone, but I could of sworn my parents didn't know my phone number, only my home phone. The number was (unfirmillar) to me but see how I felt adventurous I picked it up, at first I was nervous but then I confirmed my actions with the fact that it was obviously someone I know because if it wasn't they would of used (No Caller ID). But then again it could be my parents because I'm sure that they don't know how to do (No Caller ID), with that my nerves rose again.

'Hello, this is um Justin Wales, who is this my talking too' I said as confident and as awake as I could talking to this stranger. It was a little while before he had responded but he did, 'Justin, what took you so long to answer your phone, haven't I thought you to stop making me wait.' He yelled through the phone, I knew exactly who this was, Akio (Sensei). Akio was my teacher in cooking school for that whole four years and he was the one that taught me everything I know, he was a great teacher and an even better guy, but he was a bit off. Even though he was full blooded European he insisted that in class we would practice Japanese style of learning, he always wants to be called (sensei), and he would teach use Japanese culture while we waiting. I always thought he was strange but I guess that's what's great about him.
'Oh (Sensei) Akio, I'm sorry I was asleep and I only just woke up' I responded trying to be as sincere as I possibly could. I heard him sigh deeply through the phone. 'Boy you never change do you, oh well back to the matter of my I called, an old friend of mine's son needs a new personal chief and he had called me to help him out for I owed him. He had said that his son needed someone young so that he could relate to his son and it needs to be one of my best students for his son is fairly picky, I had then thought of you as the perfect candidate. Seeing how I know you I thought you would most likely still not have a stable job, so I thought I meant as well as offer you this opportunity. The job is really well paying and provides for you a place to stay, so what do you think' I was breathless, I wanted to accept, thank him, praise God I met him, anything, but nothing came out of my mouth. Then through the phone I heard him chuckle.
'I'll take your silence as a yes, I'll send you the information about the job in your email. I'll also email my friend telling him you accept and I found his men. Oh well good luck and thank you, you helped my ass too.' And with that he had ended the call leaving me breathless.

I can't believe this, my prayers have been answered. I'm so excited, a grim grow on my face and I couldn't be happier, even though it hurt. I have to call my parents to tell them the great news, I had a job, a stable job, one that will make my parents proud and me happy. This is a dream come true and I couldn't be happier, my life is finally looking up and I will finally get to live it.

-------

A/N: hope you enjoyed, sorry if it was boring it will get better promise.