Chapter Three

A/N: This chapter is in third person point of view, because I personally think it sounds better. But I hope you guys enjoy it, and I hope I've gotten better at writing over the past two, three months. 

Deception-Chapter Three

Oceania had woken up the next morning to the rain splattering on the window. She blinked a little bit, rolling onto her back. She hated when the it woke her up like this, she usually couldn't sleep all that much when it did. She felt a sense of happiness swirl around in her stomach as she slitted her eyes open to the clear window. Everything about nature did, since in her eyes, it was extraordinary.

She hadn't gotten very much sleep since of her long days at work at the corporation. Every day, she had to rise at the early cracks of morning. She usually didn't like it very much, but she had gotten used it. It wasn't like she could complain about it, since it was work, after all.

She groaned a little bit as she rolled over onto her side, blinking rapidly as she looked down at the wooden floor. The floor had been polished, and she could see her reflection in the wood. Underneath her eyes, she could see the dark spots on her pale skin. She closed her eyes, and pushed herself up off of her fluffy, plush pillows. She could barely do that, even, and it exhausted her. 

Oceania ran her hands through her hair, taking a deep inhale before she swung her feet off of the bed. The wood was cool under her feet. She strode over to the corner of the room where she had set her red slippers and stepped into them. She closed her eyes, a petite smile showing on her face. That felt a lot better to her, since she hated the cold-any type of it, really. She would suffer a lot in the biting cold, like the icy rain. Snow didn't exist now. People of each of the races blamed it on something called global warming. Oceania had studied a lot about it, looking in the 3D tablets that the world used. It was required for a corporate spy to know what had gone in the world in the past thousands of years, and it just excited Oceania to learn about it. She didn't know why, she just was interested about it. She knew that most people hadn't known about the world in the years past. It was illegal to look up information about the past. The royal family was scared of it for some reason that Oceania wasn't completely sure of.

Oceania ran her hand through her hair. She walked over to the white wood of the dresser right next to her bed and opened the drawer, digging inside it for some of her plainclothes. She had to disguise herself when she went to the corporation, since it was after all a secret. Oceania pulled the clothes out of the dresser before she started to strip off her bedclothes. The purple cotton and silk was soft against her skin.

Oceania walked over to her bedroom door, which consisted of the mud colored wood, also. She pulled it open before she strolled out and over to the kitchen. She could see the black waves of her mother's hair as she approached and started bouncing up and down a little. "Hello, Mom," she said with a smile. She walked over to her mother, wrapping her arms around her and resting her chin on her shoulder. She had always been close to her mother. When Oceania had gone through her lows in her life, her mother was always there to comfort her, like a mother had always done.

Her mother turned around and beamed over at the white-haired girl hugging her. "Hello, my love," she said. She turned back around to the counter, picking up the bowl of breakfast that she had made, on the counter. She handed it over to her. "This is for you." She smiled up at Oceania. She was a few inches shorter than her daughter. She had to stretch her neck up slightly to meet her gaze.

Oceania grasped the bowl from her hands, taking it over to the dining table next to their kitchen. "Thank you," she muttered over to her mother, briefly meeting her brown gaze with her own. She turned back to her food, picking the spoon up and started to eat. The splendid deliciousness of the food warmed her mouth up with endorphins and she leaned back in her seat, taking her time to eat. She had always loved the food that they had; it usually made her feel more vigorous as she went through her day, which was good. Usually, she would need all the strength that she could get to get her through the day.