Chapter 1

**14 years ago**

Clara's P.O.V

There is a knock at the door.

I slide off my purple, daisy covered stool and run down the hall, leaving Cinderella to continue without me.

I charge down the hallway jumping over various toys. stuffed animals, barbies, cars.

"Daddy's home!" I scream down the hall way to my mum, walking behind me.

I open the big front door about to jump on my dad when I hit something. "owwww mummy I bagee into the other door!" I whined as I began to cry.

I had ran straight into the screen door by mistake, my excitement about seeing my dad had overwhelmed me to the point of me forgetting that there were two doors blocking my path.

My mum picked me up and cradled me in her arms, trying to calm me down. dismissing the people at the door. "sshhh baby, it's alright" she cooed as I quickly recovered from my clumsiness.

I heard laughter coming from the other side of the door and demanded I be let down. I stand up tall and walk over to the door and face someone my own height. He has blonde curly hair and a hole in his face. "What's wrong with your face?" I ask genuinely worried for this kid. "Clara!" my mum snapped at me

"Oh it's alright Ash gets that all the time" says (who i presume to be) the kids mum

"it's a dimple" the kid says proudly, placing his hands on his hips striking a superman like pose.

"Can we help you?" asks my mummy

"Yes sorry my name is Anne and this is my son Ashton. we just moved into the house next to yours and we thought since we're new to the neigh hood that we should just say hi and introduce ourselves. So hi!" she says with a cheerful smile.

"Welcome to community my name is Maria and this is my daughter Clara, would you like to come in for a cuppa?"

"I'de love to, Ash say hi to Clara."

"Hi stupid face, you ran into the door, your stupid." he laughs at me pointing and a bruise forming on my chin where I hit it on the door.

"At least I don't have a hole in my face" I retort, sassy as ever.