Dreams of The Future

So I understand I haven't written anything for four months, I apologize to you all who have spent the time reading the previous chapters. Schoolwork, clubs, and sports have kept me busy. But as the semester and school year are winding down, I find that I have more time. I recently logged back on to Wattpad to write back to comments and saw that I have close to 4k reads now, THANK YOU READERS! I wouldn't have written this chapter if it wasn't for the messages I had received in my mailbox. Would you guys like to see more chapters soon? Thank you all again for finding time to read my work. Comment and message as usual!

Sincerely,

NerdyNour

I drove home, and was feeling down. I wanted that walk to be longer, I wanted to get to know him better. He became nothing to everything to me within a matter of a day, and I wanted him to remain everything all the time.

I went home to find my mother sleeping, and my dad reading his newspaper on the couch.

"Salaam Nadirah," he said. "How was the library?"

"Okay, I got my studying done. Now I don't have to study tomorrow. But I'm going tomorrow too. I want to get some books for winter break. Sixteen days that I get to read and write. That's like everything I've ever wanted."

He laughs a little, and I feel guilty for keeping this a secret. "Alright, go pray and take a nap if you'd like."

"I will." That is my second lie. I won't pray. I will nap though.

I lay down on my bed that is still covered with clothes from the morning. I should probably clean, take my clothes and hang them, possibly take a shower. But I won't. I want to sleep. I want to dream and think about Majd for the rest of my life. Because all that matters is that he trusts me. He wants me to know the things that go on in his life. That's what being a couple is, right? Thinking about them, imagining the rest of your life with them.

I close my eyes and slowly but surely drift off to sleep as my mind starts to wander off thinking about Majd.

I'm in what looks like a dorm. All around I see the block M for the University of Michigan. What is this, I think? I hear a knock on the door. I quickly get up, and almost turn the knob when I feel my long hair that is now to my waist protrude in front of me. Just because I am in a dream doesn't mean I still don't wear a hijab. I pick one up from the floor of what looks like my bed and put it on myself when another knock comes and I hear a mans voice on the other side.

"Nadirah, what's taking you so long?" He asked.

"Uh - just a minute!"

I look down and thank God that I'm wearing skinny jeans and a sweater and not pajamas or even worse: shorts.

I step up to the door and finally turn the knob. I look out and see a man who looks strangely familar yet distant at the same time.

"Nadirah!" He exclaims as he kisses me on the cheek and hugs me at the same time.

I jump back. "What, who the hell are you?"

He looks at me and frowns. "Nadirah, are you okay?"

I stare at him even deeper than I had before. "I'm fine. Are YOU okay?"

"What's wrong? Did I do something? Agh, I shouldn't have kissed you. Is it too soon in our engagement to do that?"

"ENGAGEMENT? I"M NOT ENGAGED."

His face goes from being perky to being sorrowfull. "We're engaged, Nadirah. Look at your right hand."