iv

"I met a lady in the meads,
Full beautiful, a fairy's child;
Her hair was long, her foot was light,
And her eyes were wild."

It took a while for Ragnar to fully comprehend the vision in front of him.

He did not dare speak in fear of loosing the illusion, their silence spoke no words as it was his blue shining eyes that painted a picture of the ocean that La Belle Dame drowned herself in.

Her gaze somehow seemed like the look of an old friend Ragnar and he liked it that way; something familiar hidden in the extraordinary encounter.

     After one whole minute a rose bloomed on the women's cheek and her gaze turned to the ground but her eyes did not stop sparkling.

     "Hello."
     Ragnar told her, with a small upturn of his lips. It was a simple introduction.

     "Hello."
     La Belle Dame replied simply, for words did not seem like they would form.

     What to say? What could Ragnar day to the first human he had seen in months? He wanted to beg them to take him back to Kattegat but also for them to leave him in his solitude.

     "And who might you be?"
Ragnar felt different; he was no longer cold. The autumn air had turned back to summer as he watched how La Belle Dame's figure blocked out the sun.

      "Nobody."

     "Nobody still has a name."
Ragnar pressed. Slightly moving his head to enter her line of sight. He didn't know what he would do with the information. Was she from Kattegat? Or a Kingdom bordering his own?

     "Tell me yours."
She changed the conversation to her favourite puzzle; the King - yet now he is here she couldn't even look him in the eye.

     Ragnar's eyebrows contorted in confusion. He dragged his elbows out to prop him up, grunting as the bruises on his arms hit the ground, the girl flinched.

     "Ragnar."

     "King Ragnar Lothbrok?"
     She questioned despite knowing the truth. She wanted to see his reaction and perhaps gain another smile.

     "I do not know if I am the King anymore

     "I do not know if I am the King anymore."
     Ragnar sank back to the ground and let a long breath escape into the warm air.

     "Surely, you are, although I do not see your crown King Ragnar."
     La Dame joked and she began to run her fingers through her hair.