Who Knows What Could Happen (Gaara One Shot)

“Noir!!! Wait up!!!” Sora shrieked as she frantically ran behind my fast paced figure. “You know I’m scared of the dark!!!” She added stumbling over her own feet and nearly falling.

“Come on, Sora! Keep up!!” I said with rainbow eyes cutting a sharp turn around the next street corner. My short skirt was hard to run in but I always made it work for Halloween. The best time of the year, a chance to dress up and scare the crap out of little kids that were on the hunt for Halloween candy. This year though, Sora had the ‘genius’ idea to skip the scaring of the kids -_- and move straight back to the kid days when we went hunting for candy. Only with a slight twist. She always seemed to come up with this kind of scheme. Any excuse to wear a tiny outfit in front of Kakashi Hatake was perfect for her. We were going to go to all the houses of our friends dressed in the tiniest outfit possible without looking, well for lack of a better word, slutty.

“This is hardly fair Noir! Gimme a break here, I’m in a skirt!” Sora screeched and slowed to a stop. I stopped with her and put my hands onmy hips.

“As opposed tomy jeans?” I asked sarcastically. Sora shook her head breathless. I had unexpectedly started full out sprinting down the street heading towards a certain house. As usual of course, Sora seemed to be completely clueless as to whose house I was heading.

“I don’t know what got into you all of a sudden.” Sora said standing up to her full height, which was hardly very tall. “You randomly started running.”

“I know. Just chill man.”

“Stop telling me to chill! I AM CHILL!” I blinked a bit and then shook my head. This wasn’t unusual for us. I would tell her to chill and then she would freak out saying she was chill.

“Okay, if you say so.” I said deciding to accept the fact that she believed she was chill. “Let’s go.” I added about to start sprinting again.

“But we’ve already passed Naruto’s place. Aren’t we gonna go to him?” Sora asked pointing back over her shoulder with her thumb. I glanced at her with a dark stare showing my obvious impatience. Sora instantly shrunk to a tiny little chibi. “I guess we can always come back later.” She said in a little voice. My facial expression instantly changed to rainbow eyes and I patted her on the head.

“Good Sora.” I said treating her like a dog. “You’re learning.” She opened her mouth to protest the doggish treatment but I threw her a cookie out of the box I carried in my trick-or-treat bag and she completely forgot what she was going to say.“Keep moving.” I said grabbing her wrist and carrying on down the road. I was determined to get to the place before they disappeared. I wanted to see him at least once before he left and this time he wasn’t going to see me covered in blood.

Last time he seen me, I was beaten and bruised and he appeared as an angel. Only the angel of death. My fallen angel I guess you could say. I was so grateful of his appearance that night that I hardly cared what he thought of me at the time. That is until I woke up the next morning.

~Flashback~

I breathed heavily pulling myself to my feet and staggering slightly. These guys just didn’t know what it meant when a girl said to leave her alone. I was off my game tonight. I didn’t have a hope in hell in winning from the very get go.

“Come on girly. Get up and fight.” One of the guys said as I stumbled a bit and wiped the blood from the corner of my mouth. I was not in the mood. Sora was at home sleeping and I had gone out to get her some more food. For such a small person she can really shove a lot of food into her system.

“You’re the kind of guy that always made me afraid to go outside when I was a kid.” I said pulling a kunai out of my ninja pouch. “Unfortunately for you, my fear just transformed into hatred over the years.” I raised the kunai up and pointed it at the middle guy. “Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get home to my sister. Step aside.”