Chapter Twenty Two*

Althea Williams POV

In this moment, staring at the blue eyed boy who I thought I knew, all that raced in my mind were his lies.

They played like a broken record in my head, haunting me with the broken promises he made. "Was it all a lie?" I asked, my voice soft as tears trailed down my cheeks.

"It was for the power. I planned to be king of the hybrids, and you would be at my side. You would give me an heir, who would be the most powerful supernatural on earth." He said, a smirk present on his face.

"You had a plan? Care to elaborate." I replied and clenched my jaw.

"When I first met you, you weren't what I expected - you were so insecure and naive. I had to make you fully trust me somehow. So I had Edward rape Liz, and I came in and saved the day. And it happened exactly like I wanted - you realised how weak you were, so you became stronger. You turned into a hybrid and all of a sudden everyone feared you, but not me. I thought I knew you, but when Isabel said something about that dead best friend of yours getting pregnant, you went bat shit crazy,"

"It was then I knew what you were capable of. You had trouble controlling your creatures because they were so powerful, and when Isabel confronted Liz about whoring around, it was like a part of you snapped. We all knew how much you wanted to kill something in that moment, yet you held yourself back,"

"I knew that you had trusted me with everything you had. My plan was complete and you were putty in my hands. But that day when Isabel was saying I cheated on you, my plan was almost ruined because of that cock sucking mouth," I flinched at his words, looking over to Isabel who stared at him in horror.

"While I was kidnapped I found out that I wasn't the only one with intentions for you. You're sisters mate wanted you as badly, for different reasons all together. When he found out Anna was his mate, he played her like she used to play all her other boys. She was so hurt. She's never been the same since has she?"

"So I pretended to be helping him get you, but in reality, I'll be taking you and you'll be my queen." Jake said venomously, and with a laugh at the end.

"I'll never go with you." I whisper softly. He scolded at me. His eyes blazing with fury, fist clenched and nail digging into his skin.

"I'm going to make you regret that, Althea."Jake held Anna to him, hands clenching around the blade that was pressed firmly against her neck.

"Anna." Mum screamed, her voice echoed with the wind as a sob caught into her throat. Dad held mum against his chest, bringing her face into the crook of his neck.

When Anna looked over at us, her eyes were a dull blue and so lifeless. She looked towards me and gave me a crooked smile, trying to reassure me that everything would be okay.

But when Jake moved the knife down to her stomach, I knew that it would never be the same. Anna held her stomach protectively, flinching away from the knife threatening the pups growing in her stomach.

I breathed in and out as I heard Liz's terrified, painful screams as she gave birth to my god daughter. My best friend had died giving birth, I don't want the same fate for my sister. Like a nightmare, Liz's screams turned into Anna's. My eyes welled with tears as I stared at my brokenly beautiful sister.

"If you come with me, Anna and the thing lives. If you don't, they will both suffer the same fate as your dead best friend." Jake threatened, followed by a sarcastic pout.

"It's not a thing." I whispered angrily, staring Jake down. "Excuse me? That thing is a-" He was cut off from a loud growl, belonging to me.

"It's a baby!" I roared as I started stalking towards him. My top lip was curled into a snarl, my fangs growing and claws extending.