Saved by Severs ~ chapter 10

Author’s note:

Hi everybody, I’m sorry it took ever so long, but I am happy to report that after such a long time the REAL FLEURYPOWER029 IS BACK!!!! YAY!!!! From now on I will be able to post things myself, edit stories if you would like me to, and read your stories if you would appreciate it. YAY!!!! Thanks for your support, and again I am soooo sorry it took so long.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I stalked up to Dumbledore's office, and scowled at him as I sat down in one of his overly plush chairs that littered his office.

"Hello there Severus," he said, "How was your shopping?" he asked.

"Cynthia blew up Ollivander’s, and I bought her a Caton."

He smiled at me, "You will have to be careful Severus," he teased, "One might think you were going soft."

I glared at him, "I'm not going soft!" I scowled, "I simply think that Cynthia needs somebody to show her affection, and I am her Uncle after all."

"Of course.” He said, but his eyes were twinkling, and I glared at him again.

"She knows I'm a spy." I said bluntly, trying to make his twinkle disappear.

"Of course," he said, "I would suspect no less, after all, you are her uncle, it would be the right thing to do if you told her."

I scowled at him once again, "I was just visiting to confirm that she will be starting at a first year level in three days’ time when the break ends."

"Of course," he said, "she will be joining the Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaw's classes, and will be caught up in all the work she has missed."

   I nodded my head at him, and started to stalk out of the room, but he called me back, "Severus," he said cheerfully, "She is quite powerful. Take care of her."

I nodded solemnly, I knew that Cynthia was much more powerful than most children her age, but I could only hope that she would fit in with the first years. I wasn't sure if she could handle being in a higher level than that... or at least not the emotional aspects of it.

"I understand Headmaster." I replied, and then walked out of the room. I hoped that I wouldn't run into anybody on the way downstairs, but just as I was about to enter the first level of the dungeons, a huge pink cloud exploded in front of me, and obscured my view.

"WEASLEYS!!!!" I yelled, "CLEAN THIS UP IMMEDIATELY!!!!"

"Well," I heard a cheerful voice say, "It looks like-"

"He's not going to-"

"Even ask if it was us-"

"This time."

"Well," I snarled, “it looks like I just got my answer."

"But of course!" said the first voice, "Who else would it be?"

"Show yourselves!" I snarled.

"Not until-"

"-you can prove-"

"-That you haven't-"

"-killed that girl."

"You hooligans think that I have killed my own niece?!" Ii snarled at them.

I could practically feel the shock radiating off of them when they replied, "She's your niece?!"

"Of course you dimwits," I growled, "I would not take in just any child."

"Well-" said the second voice mysteriously,

"Can we see her?"

I was about to retort, when I realized that it would probably be best for Cynthia to meet people before classes, so she would at least have a few allies.

"Fine." I said, "But you will not startle her, jostle her, go to close to her, or touch her in any way without her permission."

The pink smoke vanished, and the Weasleys stepped out of the alcove they'd been hiding in.

"What happened to her?" asked Fred quietly.

"She has had a... difficult childhood. I only recently found her again, and I do not wish to frighten her off. She is quite powerful though, and if she performs accidental magic you could be hurt, so try not to frighten her." I replied curtly.

   The twins both nodded solemnly, and followed me down the corridor. When I had reached my private rooms, and turned around to glare at them,  "If either of you tell anybody of what you see in here, I will string you alive, and use your organs as potions ingredients." They both smiled at each other and nodded again, and I rolled my eyes, and entered the room, allowing them to follow me in.

"Cynthia?!" I called quietly, "I have brought some people for you to meet. They are in their fifth year at Hogwarts, and they would like to see you. They seem to think that I have used you in some sort of potion."

   There was a giggle from behind the couch, and Cynthia stepped out smoothly, I could feel the twins shock as they saw her bruises that were still fading, and the way her clothes were still too big because she was almost completely skin and bones.

"Hello," she said politely, "My name is Cynthia, it's nice to meet you."

The twins grinned at her, "I'm Gred," said Fred, "And I'm Forge," said George, "But you can call us Fred and George." Cynthia giggled again, and tentatively stepped forwards to shake their hands that they had laid out while they bowed to her.

   After they had greeted each other, Cynthia showed them Jellybean, and they oohed and awed as she proudly pointed out his wings. Then, when they got bored of disturbing my silence, Cynthia said she wanted to show them her paintings.

   I granted them permission to go to her room, and then settled down to read my potions magazine.

Cynthia’s POV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~

I could tell right away that I would like the twins. They were funny and they made me laugh. They still frightened me a bit, but I was determined not to show my fear, because I knew that they wouldn’t willingly hurt me. Severus would kill them if they did.

   “So,” said Fred, looking around my room, “This is your room? It’s beautiful, who painted it?”

“I did silly!” I replied, “Who else would paint it?” Their jaws dropped and they looked around again.

“You are extremely talented,” said George quietly, “They’re gorgeous paintings.” I smiled proudly at their praise, and flopped onto my bed.

“Do you like it here?” I asked, “What are the classes like?”

Fred and George grinned, “ Oh yes, it’s quite fun here. We try to annoy your uncle as much as possible.”

I giggled, “Why do you do that?!”

“It amuses us.” I smiled, at them, “What kind of things do you do?”

“Turn his robes pink,”

“Charm his cauldrons to dance,”

“Explode smoke in front of him,”

“Make him smell like flowers.”

“Give him Gryffindor robes.”

I laughed loudly, and they smiled, “You have a nice laugh.” They said together, causing me to smile again.

“How old are you Fred asked, “I’m seven.” I said proudly, and George pretended to look impressed, “Wow!” he said, “You’re practically all grown up, are you going to lessons to?” I could tell he thought I wouldn’t, because of my age, but I nodded my head.

“Yup. I’m joining with the first years in three days.”

They both looked shocked again, and my smile widened, but then I yawned, and the boys looked at each other knowingly, “Time for bed!” they sang, “But we’ll see you again tomorrow.” And with that they linked arms, and danced out of my room, making me laugh again. I could hear my Uncle growl at them, and that made me smile even more. I wasn’t used to this whole nice-ness stuff, but I thought that maybe eventually I would be…