Chapter Seventeen: Rumor Mill

As soon as Kendra had disappeared, Alex ran over to me and scooped me up into his arms, carrying me back to my room with Jack and Matty following. He lay me down on the bed and everyone just hovered at the doorway before Jack mumbled something to them, and closed the door locking it. I stayed sat on the bed, confused as Alex sat with me holding a cold hand towel to my cheek. Matty's eyes were fixed on me, worry and guilt in them as I just looked at the bathroom door, trying to keep focus. The room was spinning, my head was aching and it wasn't just because I'd been punched in the face less than five minutes ago. Jack was pacing up and down the room, cursing to himself as he did so.

I looked at Alex, who was gently moving the cool cloth over my cheek and I smiled when he looked at me. "You were stupid, asking for it out there you know." He muttered so only I could hear. I sighed before whispering back "She didn't look like the sort of person who would've punched me anyway." He laughed quietly, but loud enough to get Matty's attention so he looked at us confused. Alex looked up at him, his bog brother expression on his face. "Sit on the other bed Matt, Jack and I need to set some ground rules for both of you, okay?" Alex said sternly. Jack looked up at Alex, snapping back to present day and time, standing up straight and crossed his arms, looking like a pissed off dad.

Alex got up off the bed and joined him after moving his index finger over my cheek and winking at me, making me roll my eyes and groan inwardly as Matty and I awaited the much anticipated rules speech. Ofcourse, it would be extreme now because of what had happened with Kendra, and I knew it was inevitable even if this hadn't happened, we'd have the talk when we officially came a couple.

I propped myself up against the headboard and looked at Matty before I looked at the guys. "Come on then, hit us with the rules." I sighed, resting my head back on the headboard a little too swiftly, banging the back of my head on the ridge between it and the wall. "Fuck!" I shouted before rubbing my head, and I could hear the guys all laughing at me. I pouted and glared at the three boys that were staring at me and then muttered "Just get on with it dammit."

Alex and Jack shook their heads, their serious facial expressions returning and they both coughed. "Right, first thing's first." Began Alex "DID YOU GUYS NOT FUCKING LISTEN TO ME YESTERDAY?! I said 'don't rush', 'wait' don't do anything until he spoke with Kendra!" He sighed, looking at the floor as I could tell he was disappointed in us both. Jack carried on the lecture "I love both of you guys, but hooking up last night was one of the stupidest things you guys could've done, and I know you were wasted, or nearly wasted or whatever but you shoulnd've just...not done what you did. Kendra could have done a lot worse out there to both of you." Matty nodded silently and I could tell Alex and Jack were upset, and that Matty really regretted our first time happening the way it did, like me.

Alex cleared his throat. "Right, the rules. Definitely no PDA's for a few weeks atleast." Jack nodded in response before adding. "No making out at all, and I think you guys should try to stay apart for the rest of Cady's time with us, and that isn't up for discussion." I would have protested in any normal situation, but after what had happened I thought it best to do what Jack and Alex wanted. I looked over at Matty, not saying a word and he looked me in the eyes, sorrow filling the beautiful hazel color. I could get lost in his eyes, and I almost did until Alex coughed loudly and glared at us. I snapped my head back to the two tall lanky guys that were trying their hardest to look authoritive.

I gulped to clear my throat before asking "I know you've just set these rules, and I swear I'll follow them but please can Matty and I have a few minutes alone, just to talk?"

Alex and Jack exchanged glances and muttered things to one another before nodding. "Two minutes, door stays unlocked." Alex said before the two of them left. I looked over at Matty on the other bed, who was watching as the door closed behind my 'brothers' before he swiftly moved to sitting next to me on the bed we'd slept in last night. He merely put his hand over mine on the duvet, but that was enough to give me butterflies. With his free hand, he traced it over where Kendra had hit me, biting his lip before muttering an apology, and I just rested my head on his shoulder. "Matty, it wasn't your fault. It was my fault for starting it all last night, I shouldn't have gotten that drunk. I'm so-" I didn't get to finish my apology before his lips crashed onto mine and his hands moved to my waist, pulling my body into his as I turned my body towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck. The kiss didn't last as long as I'd wanted, and when our lips parted, our foreheads rested on one another's and we smiled, eyes locked. "You know, I think I really like it when you wear my underwear." He teased, making me laugh as I moved my hands from around his neck to making invisible patterns on his bare thighs. I felt my face heat up as I began to blush. "Shush you, I wasn't completely awake when I put them on this morning..." We both chuckled lightly before we heard the door open, Alex coming in and looking worried. "There's a slight problem..."

We both looked up at Alex confused until he passed us his iPhone and read the screen

@KendraJae: Decided to surprise my boyfriend by coming to see him on tour early, only to find him half naked in the hotel hallway with a slut wearing his boxers. We're SO over!

@KendraJae: Atleast I found out he was a cheater now and not further down the line. Bastard. I hope him and the whore he hooked up with are happy together.

@KendraJae: I never thought he'd be the guy who would cheat, but I suppose if the right slut comes along. Bitch.

@KendraJae: What made it worse is that the people I thought I was close to that were his friends stuck up for the girl! Obviously they take friendship over what's right.

@KendraJae: Just found her twitter...damn she sounds like a band slut! @JMatthewFlyzik have fun keeping her.

@KendraJae: Just incase any of my followers wanna know who my now ex-boyfriend cheated on me with, her twitter is @HopelessCady :)

Oh fuck. Oh fuck fuck fuck fuck. That's all that was going through my mind. I looked at Alex and Matty in shock, hoping they had an idea of what we were gunna do, but they had no clue, just like me.

I opened twitter on my phone and saw I had over 200 @replies of abuse from people on twiter.

@fyeahMattKendra: WHORE! HOMEWRECKER! SLUT!

@MelissaaFlyzik: DIE BITCH

@FYeahKendraJae: What a slut! Can you not get your own guy or something?

I felt my eyes watering as people had made things up about me. Apparently I was a well known bandslut that slept with all the members of All Time Low and other Hopeless records bands. There were also 'sources' from last night at the club saying that Matt and I 'couldn't keep our hands off each other' and that 'it wasn't our first time'. I threw my phone onto the other bed. Matty and Alex exchnaged glances before Matty left, Alex taking his place on my bed and pulling me into him and letting me soak his shirt for the second time this morning. I was now dreading going home and walking the streets incase I got abouse yelled at me, and I hoped to god it would blow over soon enough...

Why did I always fall for the wrong guys? Or atleast fall for them at completely the wrong time?