Chapter Five- Annabel

"It's not Jeremy," Lexi confirms to our group. We're sitting at our usual table, underneath a large tree. The table feels empty, with Felicity and Lola at a student council meeting and Daisy off who knows where with Hunter, it's just Snow, Lexi and I. Snow is sitting beside me, her legs tucked up under her, so they don't brush the fake grass. It makes her itchy. Lexi is sitting across from us, happily eating her apple.

"Thank goodness," Snow says. "I knew it wasn't him."

"Who do you want it to be?" Lexi asks.

"I-I'm not sure," Snow looks off at the horizon.

"What if he's younger than us?" Lexi questions.

"I don't think he is," Snow screws her face up.

"What if he's older," I drop some bait no one will ever catch. Ethan's older, he's in grade twelve.

"I don't know," Snow shrugs.

"Well, I have to go and check on Adam, he said he'd try and hack the cameras one more time," Lexi says, standing up.

"Can I come along?" Snow asks, pulling herself up to her feet.

"Yeah, Annabel?" Alexis looks at me.

"No, I'll go and wait for Lola and Felicity, they should get out of their meeting soon," I brush crumbs from my lunch off my legs and stand up. Snow and Lexi hurry off, towards the library, where Adam is busy hacking. I hope he keeps his promise, I also hope he doesn't tell Lexi that I know. I walk down towards the classroom where the meeting is being held. I stand outside waiting. A few people walk by, staring at me. Most likely because I'm almost never on my own. I'm always walking and talking with someone. The door swings open and a few people walk out. A few girls give me shy smiles when they see me. I catch a boy's eye, in my grade, he looks familiar, and we stare at each other for a brief second. But then I look away. I smile to myself.

I do that a lot, I catch some guy's eye and we look at each other for a second, where they think, maybe I like them? But then I look away and confuse them. It's a great method, guys think you're mysterious and one way or another, they fall for you. I spot Lola and I walk up to her side.

"Hey Lola," I smile at her. She readjusts her silver delicate necklace.

"Felicity has to stay in and help set up for the teacher meetings," Lola explains.

"Okay," I nod.

"What's up?" she asks as we turn back towards our table.

"I need to tell you something..." I say slowly. She locks eyes with me.

"Yeah...?" she asks seriously, sensing tension.

"It's about Snow's letters," I say.

"And?"

"I know who he is." Lola's small jaw drops in shock.

"Who is he?" she grabs my wrist frantically. I gulp.

"My... Well I have a cousin..." I start and I tell her. I tell her about the 'prank' on Snow. I tell her about Ethan and the letters and everything.

"Serious?" she raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I convinced Adam to not hack the cameras as well," I say as we sit down at our table.

"Adam's going to take the blame for that you know," Lola's caring eyes light up with sympathy.

"I know... I still have to work that part out," I say.

"So he's actually your cousin?"

"Yes, Lola, he is," I say. I sigh. "I'm sorry, can you promise not to tell anyone?"

"I promise." I just needed to get that off my chest. Now someone knows.