The Discussion

"First of all, Heston, thank you for helping us with Brianna and pretty much keeping her heart calmed for the rest of the time," I thank, holding Lonnie in my arms as we all meet back into Blair's original room again as Heston stands in front of the bed instead of the floor or chairs and he silently nods. "and second, Jace, go ahead."

Jace darts off the bed, a straight face shielding his anger as he approaches Heston and grabs his shirt collar, and roughly, Jace slams Heston twice against the wall and keeps him down and raises him up as he groans in pain.

"Why are you here, man?" Ky starts to interrogate as he says in his seat near the window with Brianna in his arms while we watch as Jace man handles Heston.

"I never wanted to be here in the first place, but I only wanted to talk to you guys," Heston answers. "it's about Blair."

"And what about her do you care about so much?" Lonnie asks.

"It wasn't supposed to be dry ice," Heston confesses.

"You can slam him on the floor now," I accept the angry glance that Jace gives me after Heston makes his confession.

"Gladly," he answers, pulling Heston away from the wall and brutally slamming him down, almost directly on top of his supposed broken arm.

"Okay? So what was it supposed to be?" Brianna asks. 

"It was supposed to be...blue paint. None of us...knew that Theresa switched the paint water with dry ice...I swear to god we didn't know...even Red was pissed," Heston pants through his sentence and I spot blood seeping out through his right arm (the broken one) and I pat Jace's shoulder to grab his attention. Once I have it, he notices as well as he lifts himself off of him and Ky helps lift Heston up to against the wall while Ariel prepares the bandages.

"And then what about Erica?" Danny asks about the backstabbing bitch.

"Theresa possessed her...but normally, her victims' eyes would be purple, but hers...were bright yellow, which confused me but Theresa didn't care and we left her to fight Ky," Heston explains while Ariel ties the bandages over his arm to stop it from bleeding again.

"So then what's that mean? She did it on purpose with you having suspicion and Theresa just didn't care because she wants Blair hurt?" Jace assumes and shockingly, Heston nods.

"How's Blair anyway?" he asks.

"Deaf and on voice block. You know what? I'm confused about this whole entire bullshit plan. Blair honestly just got here and all she said was Theresa was comebacks and already she wanted her dead? Are you fucking serious? Why didn't you just leave her the fuck alone? She didn't do anything wrong to her. She didn't touch or fight her. All she did was talk back and now she's in the damn hospital for all of that? This is bullshit. Sorry Dad for all those fucking cuss words, but that just fucking pissed me off. All of it pissed me off," Jace huffs, defending Blair's well-being at the moment and Mason sighs disappointedly at him.

"I don't blame you for being mad either. Red beat the shit out of her after the night was over and when you guys left to the hospital. Trust me, everyone was mad. I'm gonna go. I just hope she gets better even though it's weird that an enemy says that to another enemy, but whatever. See you at school probably," Heston shrugs, walking towards the door limping a little and both Jace and Ky look at each other, probably planning something.

"Let me help you with that," Ky offers, helping Heston open the door when Heston attempts to open it with his right hand and Jace wraps his left arm around his neck to support Heston to help him walk out the room.

(Jace's POV)

"You're a huge piece of shit, you know that?" Ky describes Heston the entire way to the doors of the elevator.

"Yeah I know. I never wanted to hurt her anyway. Red's rule," Heston refers as he glances back at Ky once the doors open to an empty space and as we fill it, I press the button to go to the first floor and lay back on the railing calmly until the doors closed.

"What's Red's rule?" I ask.

"Never hurt an enemy that has been once hurt brutally before by our hands. It's not something that he's done in the past, but now that Blair's in the hospital, I guess it is now," Heston shrugs.

"Usually it's the hazing before near death, so yeah he still wanted to embarrass her, but not this way," Ky explains to me in a way that eliminates my further questioning of why Red is taking it easy on Blair when he's done the same thing to me.

Then I remember Ky used to be a part of the Wolves three days ago and then Ky obviously dropped out when he beat the shit out of Red that day Blair almost died of dehydration and I've never seen him that brutal before since that one kindergarten teacher thought the asthma Ky had was just a joke. But then that same day, he was bitten by his uncle (who was an alpha at the time) and his asthma attacks didn't happen anymore and the kindergarten teacher ended up with an entire box of animal crackers down her throat, literally. We were in the same class, he scared the fuck out of me, but then he ended up being my best friend in the oddest circumstance, because we both had a crush on the same girl: Blair Cadaway.

"And then you know Erica wants to join The Gremlins now? Since both Danny and Red rejected her; Red because her disrespect towards Theresa in the past and Danny cuz his sister is here, so Barry took her "under his wing" as the first supernatural being in the Gremlins. She went really downhill," Heston scoffs, making me and Ky laugh at his sarcasm once the door opened. "well now I'm going to leave and then we have to leave off to where were we before the accident. It was cool hanging out with you guys, but let's never speak of this shit to anyone."

"I don't keep secrets with enemies, but fine. Don't want you to end up like Erica, huh?" I shrug.

"Yeah. See you assholes around," Heston chuckles as he departs through the hospital entrance doors and as soon as the doors closed, Ky and I stay in the elevator, silently even after I pushed the second floor button, and just stood there with honestly nothing to speak about. It was awkward since the last time we talked, Brianna was having a heart attack and he was freaking out, so what am I supposed to say?

"Jace," Ky speaks and I glance at him. "I missed being best friends with you like before the supernatural shit came to play."

"I know man. I know, but we're still friends now, you know, even though before for like two years we bitterly hated the shit out of each other and now we're better," I shrug and as Ky nods, drifting his attention away from me to the elevator buttons, I pat and squeeze his shoulder to comfort him and he does the same to me in return. "it's even cool since my mom doesn't want to burn you to ash anymore." and we both chuckle together.

"Man this elevator takes too long to---you pushed the two button, right?" Ky asks me, approaching the elevator button pad beside the door.

"Yeah why?" I ask and as Ky presses the door, the elevator doesn't budge and the button, which originally lights up, doesn't even light up. Are we stuck on this thing?

"Hang on," Ky pulls the doors open, quickly, and as he opens it up, it clears it up to a huge stone wall and not the second floor (obviously) and Ky glances at me.

"You're not claustrophobic, right?" he asks.

"Yeah," I answer to his nervous question and immediately, I can't stay calm anymore. I'm freaking the fuck out. I'm shaking everywhere and the worst thing is that nobody knows where we are. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.