Better

(AN: COMMENT, PLEASE! Send me feedback and suggestions!)

Anna sighed in relief. She only had to deal with Lockhart once and even though it won't be that way for the rest of the year, she was grateful for any time she had away from that git, especially after the way he acted during herbology. She practically skipped all the way to Minnie's class, where she was delighted to see Harry and his friends sitting.
She waited to see if Harry acknowledged her. The last thing Anna wanted to do was baby him and seem like a bother to him and his friends, but to her delight, a giant smile came onto his face when she caught his eye and she realized that he was just as excited to have her around as she was to have him around. She returned his smile but didn't have time to approach him before class started.

The assignment was to turn a beetle into a button, something Anna could do in her sleep. She was one of Minnie's top students after all, though she insisted that all the beetles be turned back to normal when the lesson was done. She thought that turning them into something non-living and leaving them that way was almost as cruel as just killings them and, of course, the Professor hadn't objected.

Harry, however, seemed to be finding the assignment to be quite the challenge. All he seemed to be doing to his beetle was give it a work out as it scurried across his desk. Anna knew why he was having trouble though. He was just like his mother in that aspect. Lily passed her classes every year with flying colors, but always had trouble remembering what she had learned the year before when she got back from summer. All she needed was a little push and that was exactly what Harry needed.

She walked over to her nephew, tapped him on the shoulder, and asked in her most encouraging voice, "Need some help there, Sport?" He nodded in defeat and her eyes softened, "You know Harry, asking for help isn't a bad thing. I'm not Severus, I'm not going to berate you just because your still learning." She watched as the edge of his lips turned upward slightly and he sat up straighter, as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

Anna smiled and gripped the hand that was holding his wand, showing him the correct technique and explaining how to pronounce the spell. After showing him a few times she stood back and watched as him transform the beetle perfectly. She clapped excitedly, "There! You see? All you needed was a little guidance! Now how about you try changing it back for me?" His small smile grew at her praise. He wasn't used to being around someone so gentle and encouraging, it was a nice change from Petunia's sharp screeches or Snape's sneer. This time he did the spell without trouble and his smile filled with a little, just a tiny bit, of pride in himself. Anna congratulated him and walked a way, satisfied and walked over to Ron.

Her nose scrunched up at the smell and she analyzed the smoke that came from his wand, "Ron what happened to your wand! Trying to use a wand that's been snapped can be dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt." Harry nodded, "Yeah, ask your parents for a new one." Ron shook his head, "And get another howler?" Anna shook her head, "Ron, your mother sent that letter to teach you a lesson, not to scare you out of sending letters home or telling her when you need school supplies. You can do what you want, but please consider trying to ask later on in the school year, when the incident has been forgotten. If money is a problem, I'm sure I could scrape up enough for you." Ron nodded, "Alright Mrs. Evans, I'll think about it, but I don't think my, mother would take up your offer to buy it for me. She doesn't like taking other people's money."

Anna nodded and turned her attention to Hermione, who was reading a book, "Hermione, why aren't you doing the lesson?" The Gryffindor girl smiled at Anna, "I already transformed my beetle, Mrs. Evans. I was the first one done." Anna smiled, "Alright then, in that case, five points to Gryffindor for being the quickest and most prepared for the lesson." Anna walked over to help the other students to help them and could not keep the grin off her face. She loved helping the kids.