Diary of A Broken Girl (2)

Hey guys!! here's the second chapter. enjoy! vote and comment please!!

Day 1

I watch, peeking past the door, as she holds the phone to her ear, like it is her life raft and she's drowning. There is a murmur from the other side of the line. Her fingers grip the phone harder and I see a flash of pain in her as the first tear starts rolling down her cheek. "But dad..." she says, her sadness evident in her tone of voice. This time there is yelling from the phone, so piercing that she jumps back in shock. I watch her, as she stares at it for five whole minutes. Noise is still coming from the phone, and although it is inaudible to her, more tears keep rolling. She hangs up.

Day 2

She smiles, walking through the crowded halls while waving to friends. Can they tell she's faking it? I can.

Day 3

She's not at school today. She tells them that she's not feeling well, but I don't buy it. I heard her again last night, muffling her sobs with her pillow. He's tearing her to pieces.

Day 4

"One new voicemail" a monotone voice says from her phone. Her whole face lights up. She puts it on speakerphone, then waits in anticipation with her head in her hands. A deep man starts to talk. Maybe talk isn't the best word... ramble, slur, make noise. She leans up in her seat and covers her face with her hands. "I don't want to do this anymore" the man says finally, and then the sound goes blank. This is when she starts to run her hands through her hair frantically. She snatches the car keys from the table and runs out the door. A minute later I hear the garage door opening and a car speeding out. She's gone.

Day 5

She's here now...but she's still gone. Life speeds on around her while she stands in the center, confused but yearning to catch up. She's the little girl sitting in the middle of the carousel, and no one notices her. Come back.

Day 6

She sighs in relief as she enters the door. He's out there, somewhere, and that's all she needed to know. Does she realize that while she's trying to find him, she's losing herself?

Day 7

I see the invisible wrinkles of age on her face. Aren't teens supposed to act like...teens? True, but the last time I checked, parents are supposed to take care of children.

-----------------------------

VOTE

COMMENT

POR FAVOR

*WHO CAN RESIST SPANISH!?!?*